Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

1/2A - speed 400 Shrike kit. Recommended electric set-up. Help please.

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

1/2A - speed 400 Shrike kit. Recommended electric set-up. Help please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 09:44 AM
cantw8tofly
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/2A - speed 400 Shrike kit. Recommended electric set-up. Help please.

I just purchased 2 1/2A-speed 400 shrike kits still sealed in box. I am not interested in equipping them with a glow engine at all. I need help with motor and prop set-up as they recommend a speed 400 install. I have read that the speed 400 and ni-cad battery setup is not only heavy but outdated.

My wish is to have these shrikes scream with lets say a 2200mah 3s lipo/ motor combo.

Since i have never built and electric aircraft for speed i think i need some input on what to look for. I have built several for sport flying and 3-D.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:17 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is speed "knock out insane OMG help!" or an off the shelf "hey that cooks I like it!" solution?

As an e-dabbler but I like my parkies, others will have better suggestions I am sure. But to get the ball rolling - a non mail order setup I picked from the LHS shelf that hauls the mail on 1/2A ACE wing type aircraft is an E-flite Six 2700kV, 40A ESC, 2200 3s AND APC 5.1x4.5 prop. That prop has more blade area than the majority of their small e props and was clocked at 126mph on a stock ACE Simple 400 with the 15%+ foam wing, 5x5 was slower.

I have one of these kits now and it is destined for a Conquest or OPS .15.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:45 PM
LittleRock

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps some information could be obtained in the "Electric" section.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:52 PM
iron eagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A HET 2W 30 with a 6X5.5 apc with a 75- 100 amp ESC can be entertaining. With a 2200 Mah battery you won't get much flight time but it will be very quick.