Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Muffled Tuned Pipe question

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Muffled Tuned Pipe question

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 07:26 AM
Pond Skipper

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

2 cyl. for 40 and 60 size nitro engines as it states, can polish up and remove the ding on the far right one.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:30 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The two on the left look pretty nasty, but I guess the price overall is not too bad. The shipping to here is as much as the headers. Different country, but likely not that far. I picked up a header at Toledo on the weekend for $5. It looks unused, or very little. I think it is for a .46 size. Going back to the original post, I have been thinking that a smaller size range pipe may have an outlet that is a bit more restrictive than a proper .61 size one. What does that mean? Probably nothing, easier to get on the pipe but at full speed it could warm up a bit more than you want. Oh I checked the rpm of the LA video that you were showing with the similar pipe, and I think it is about 12,500 rpm in that app with that prop, whatever it may be.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:36 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This might be a bit short.. maybe if you had a muffler stack extension..

http://www.top-flite.com/accys/topq7915.html

Manufacturer Stock# TOPQ7920

Last edited by MJD; 04-10-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:42 PM
the Wasp

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

thank you guy for trying to help !!

pond skipper, your link (yesterday) sent me to a different page than it did today,

my engine mount's on it's side, the exhaust port points straight down, so the glow plug points straight out the side of the cowl, so I need a header that comes out the side of the cowl and turns right, and points down the side of the fuselage

Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 04-10-2017 at 05:47 PM. Reason: well I forgot this and I forgot that,,, and I forgot something else,, and I had to save the world by editing it
Old 04-11-2017, 04:42 AM
MJD

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I checked the RCCanada classifieds -and found a "wanted" ad for one..