Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Reliable Carbs - best brands?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Reliable Carbs - best brands?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 07:04 AM
Stuntguy13

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Reliable Carbs - best brands?

Guys,
I'm looking for highly reliable - repeatable carburetors that hold settings without air leaks. What brands are best - Perry, K&B, OS, Saito?

Best, DennisT
Old 09-02-2021, 05:04 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

well I don't have a real fast plane, but I know the OS Heli carbs work very well with props, and you can get them with 2 or 3 needles. and their venture's are larger than in plane carbs.
I have a 57 inch span p-40 with an OS Hyper 50 Heli engine in it with the stock 60L Heli carb, and on 15% the guys at the field say it's a 100 MPH plane. she has an over size stock type muffle, it's only 2 MMs smaller/shorter than the stock OS 61FX muffler. with 15% and an APC 11/8 she turns 13.400 peaked out, on 20% she turned 13.800.. keep in mind that speed (100 MPH) were only guesses. LOL.

I have a never started OS 70sz Heli engine on a ShoeString racer I am working on. it has a 3 needle 60K Heli carb, I plain to swap it out for another 60L so I do not have to fuss with that 3rd needle.

BTW these OS Heli carbs idle fantastic with a prop on the engine.

Jim
Old 09-02-2021, 09:43 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Super Tigre and Dub Jett are fantastic alternatives. I would take either of them over an OS carb any day. The bonus to Jett carbs is the super fine threads on the needle. Gives you a much finer tuning resolution. ST carbs speak for themselves. Midrange adjudgment that’s easy to set and the carb won’t cost you a hundred bucks.
Old 10-15-2021, 03:17 PM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Super Tigre and Dub Jett are fantastic alternatives. I would take either of them over an OS carb any day. The bonus to Jett carbs is the super fine threads on the needle. Gives you a much finer tuning resolution. ST carbs speak for themselves. Midrange adjudgment that’s easy to set and the carb won’t cost you a hundred bucks.
I second most of that, especially the part about Jett carbs.

I've persuaded even stuff like ASP carbs to work half decent : replace the o-rings so the needles seal and stay where you set them....and they work fine.

If I could pick: Webra Dynamix slide carbs...these things are awesome!