Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Weston Magnum R

Old 07-22-2018, 07:11 PM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Weston Magnum R

I just bought a couple Magnum Rs.
One looks like brand new and one has a few dings, I decided to try that one first.
There is a MVVS 65 installed, which seems like a good idea. It has a tuned pipe, but didn't seem to make much static thrust. Hand launching with no wind resulting in a slow descent and a broken prop. I flew it before and had some head wind, it would pick up enough speed then.

I noticed there was a 9X8 APC installed, I don't know about this engine, but this seems too small. Any suggestions? I never had a MVVS engine, but it does fire right up and runs great.

thanks
Old 08-07-2018, 05:37 PM
crazyflyer92

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I would take that .65 out and put a high rpm engine in like the .50 they call for it a screaming.40-.45. I had two of them with Nelson .40s and they were very fast!
Old 08-08-2018, 09:54 AM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I took a closer look with my snake camera and found out this is a 6.5 cc engine, not a 65 I was told.
Oh well, that explains the small prop. I do have the 50 Weston engine, still mounted on a screaming deamon, this will be swapped after a few flights. I like speed, but the deamon is just out of control with that much power. Lost a rudder last time. So the MVVS will go on that.