Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Speed and simulators

Old 10-06-2003, 04:35 PM
antslake
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Speed and simulators

Well, I dont have a speed plane..........yet. But I have found out how to make a plane go 245 mph in a simulator, and it is fun!.
It seems that no-one in the simulator forum even cares, so I am in here talking to you guys hoping that you are true speed freaks!
Anyone else go that fast in a sim?
Old 10-06-2003, 04:57 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Speed and simulators

Sounds sweet! Every time I get ready to buya sim I end up buying a real plane instead!

james
Old 10-06-2003, 05:20 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What's the set up?? I have G2, do you have a plane file??
Old 10-06-2003, 06:15 PM
HoovDriver

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The G2 website has a load of planes to DL a few of which are real screamers. One of the Cap's does 275+ and the fastest is the F86 I believe it is named SD's F86 goes 350+ straight and level and in a dive will accelerate to 400 until 401 where it shutters to 0 mph and it seems as if the sim resets itself, kinda wierd.

ZK
Old 10-07-2003, 09:28 AM
daven

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I use G2 to practice pylon racing in the winter. Not the cheesy pylon program that is included, but a pylon course that I fly around just to practice.

I modified the simple flier so that it will fly a pretty constant 370 mph. There is a 400 mph bug that causes your plane to stop and fall out of the sky.

Its really not that hard to modify any of the planes to get to those speeds. Start by reducing the weight of everything as low as it will go. Then reduce frontal area, wing thickeness, etc.. I can't remember what engine I'm using, but I think its the Ducted Fan .90. I modified the engine elso to 400% more power, and played with the prop to hold the top speed right where I wanted it. I think I am using a 3 bladed 20x14 or something weird like that. It works well because it doesn't lose much speed in the turns, yet doesn't go over 400 mph in a dive either. I didn't like the Ducted fan noise, so I gave it the noise of the O.S. .40fx. At 20,000+ rpms it almost sounds like a Nelson.

It helps at first to make the plane about 200% bigger. As you get use to the speed, keep reducing the plane size to keep you on your toes.

I can't remember what airfoils I was using, but I think it may just be the flat stab. You definately have to play around a bit with the incidence, C.G., and throws to make the plane controllable.

If anyones interested I could get the actual paramaters off the plane either tonight or tommorrow.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:07 AM
antslake

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well I worked on it some more and got it to go 400mph in a dive, flys 360+ in the horizontal.
I am using the Ripmax sim. I kept trying to make the planes go faster, and could never seem to go over 100 to well. Then I made the plane heavier (I know its wrong) but its a sim, that made the plane stop shaking, and I was able to hit those speeds.
I customized the engines to spin 30,000 rpm with like 15 hp, and gear reductions swinging a 30x12 prop (lol).
The plane still looks the same, just flys very fast. So hard to keep it from crashing.
Thing sounds so cool at 30,000 rpms.