Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

1/12 Pica Corsair Tail feathers

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

1/12 Pica Corsair Tail feathers

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 12:14 PM
A.L. Spinz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/12 Pica Corsair Tail feathers

If you are a familiar with this kit, then you'll konw that the tailfeathers are a cruel joke & destine to cause the loss of this plane. Just finish building mine and wanted to fly it this weekend...but I took another look at those skimpy delicate spaghetti-strap thin tail feathers and see a disaster waiting to happen. So I'm reinforcing the whole thing, rudder, stab, and elevators. Right now the thickness of these surfaces is at a meager 1/8" balsa (not even lite-ply) at best. I'm thinking to increase this to 1/4" possible up to 3/8" thickness by means of laminating with lightning holes....Has anyone done this to their Pica....no combat, for speed? I'm hearing with a .32 at 2+ lbs well into the triple digits... zoom zoom!

What do you think? Any other reinforcement mods I need to do? The laser locking built-up sheeted wing is awesome.....cant say much about the feathers.....[&:]