Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

NEW SUPER SHRIKE II VIDEO

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

NEW SUPER SHRIKE II VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NEW SUPER SHRIKE II VIDEO

Bsumlpter,

The strange fact is that the little one works, the second not.

I'll check my Quick Time version though... It may not be the latest. Which one do u use ?
Old 01-15-2004, 11:32 AM
bsumpter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not even sure to tell the truth. It's the newest one they have on their website.

Check the file size for me. It should be somewhere in the range of 130 mb. Perhaps the download stalled and you didn't get it all?

Just a thought ...
Old 01-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Strykaas

Yes that's what I thought (YES MY ***** PC CRASHED DURING DOWNLOAD [:@]!!!), but the fact another guy has the same problem makes me wonder ...

BTW Win98SE ... not a good thing either...
Old 01-15-2004, 05:46 PM
onytay
My Feedback: (1)

Ive got XP and I downloaded the latest version of quik time after the first try, and still the same problem, I am right clicking and saving target as, just like GOOTROD said to[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]. And this is on the first one[:@]
Old 01-15-2004, 05:52 PM
bsumpter

I'm not sure why some folks can't see the movie.

Tell you what -- I'll re-encode it again using either MPG or DivX codecs. That should help alleviate the problem some of you are having.

Give me a few hours ....

Brian
Old 01-15-2004, 11:07 PM
bsumpter

OK, I've encoded a couple different versions of the video for those that are having trouble with the Quicktime version. I do not think that either of these formats encoded as nicely as the Quicktime version, but at least it will (hopefully) allow those who were having issues to see the video. As usual, just right click and "Save Target As" on one the following links (your choice) ...

DivX Version (52 MB): http://rclibrary.com/vids/Shrike-II-DivX.avi

WMV Version (52 MB): http://rclibrary.com/vids/Shrike-II-WMF.wmv

As mentioned above, I do not think these are quite as nice as the Quicktime version. I would only download one of these if you are having issues with the ones posted at the top of the page.

Hope this helps,

Brian
Old 01-16-2004, 11:03 PM
onytay

I give up!!!!!!!!![:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@] I even tried the new ones, now all I get is sound now video, forget it this sucks, I have not had anyproblems getting video clips any other time. this is a load of crap![:@][:@][:@]
Old 01-16-2004, 11:55 PM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: onytay

I give up!!!!!!!!![:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@] I even tried the new ones, now all I get is sound now video, forget it this sucks, I have not had anyproblems getting video clips any other time. this is a load of crap![:@][:@][:@]
Check your system... I have had troubles in the past, but if you take the time to read into things you will find the answers...

People are so spoiled by Microsoft....
Old 01-17-2004, 12:06 AM
bsumpter

onytay:

Well ain't you just all honky over a FREE video.

Good. We didn't want you to see it anyway.
Old 01-17-2004, 12:27 AM
Charlie E

Hey onytay, I agree with Rudeboy, check your system. I think you need to calm down. Brian did all he could to help you and you act like you purchased the video. It's "FREE" things happen. As far as I'm concerned, don't ever try to download our videos again.

Charlie
Old 01-17-2004, 01:31 AM
Darwin

Hi Charlie & Brian,

Just thought I'd chime in here;

I downloaded both versions of your original video and they both work great! Of course, the 133 mb file is just like being there-so much better! So relax, cause there is absolutely nothing wrong with your files. What's the secret?? Its just this simple-I downloaded both versions on my super/duper Intel P4 2.6 gigaHZ homebuilt m$ clone, running XP Pro with tons of ddr RAM, overclocked MSI neo-2 motherboard, Radeon video card (etc, etc, blah, blah) burned them to a CD, then slid my chair 3 feet over to my wife's cute little iMac and dropped in the CD and cranked up the volume and sat back to enjoy! Hey, ya gotta go with what works! Quicktime is an Apple product, guys! Remember???

I'm the IT manager for my company, and I deal with Windows software, servers and Intel boxes all day. But when I get home, I like to leave my troubles behind and play with the mac stuff, for the pure enjoyment of it! Here's a thought; I bought my wife the iMac a year ago, fired it up and it has been running non-stop 24/7 ever since, with only 2 re-boots (once to upgrade the OS, and once because of a power failure). If only my Windows LAN/WAN at work could be that reliable.

Anyway, my 2 questions for you guys are: is it always cloudy there in Tennessee or do you just wait for the clouds before you start filming? And finally, I really like the little wooden cradle you made for your Shrike. Could you post a pic of it so I can make one for myself? I really think I need it!

Darwin
Old 01-17-2004, 08:33 AM
onytay

hang on a second here fellas im not dogging you guys or your video!!! I know I didn't pay for anything, as far as Im concerned, with what what I saw of the video, GOOTROD put some major time into editing this video, and deserves some credit for it, and I want to thank him for posting it for us to view FREE! I would also like to appologise to him, I wasn't trying to dog your hard work.

And the point that I was trying to get across the first time was that I AM THE ONE SCREWING UP THE DOWNLOAD! and I was giving up on trying to get because it takes along time to get it transfered, all I have is a dial up connection.

I didn't mean to place the blame on anyone but MYSELF!![]

Onytay
Old 01-17-2004, 08:38 AM
onytay

Brian,

I want to appologise to you too, thank you for trying to help me, I really appreciate it, I work with my system some more and see if I can figure out what Im doing wrong.

Im sorry and I thank you again.

Onytay
Old 01-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Charlie E

Hello Paul,

It's good to hear from you. I thought you may have gotten buried in that mud slide. Yes it seems to be cloudy each and everytime we fly. That's just the way it is here in the great state of Tennessee.
Paul this cradle is nothing to look at but it works. I made it from scrap ply lying around.

Charlie
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78233.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	91382   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55397.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	91383   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bh94447.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	91384  
Old 01-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Charlie E

Hey onytay,

Ok your back in. LOL
Your still a little confused here. Gootrod is me "Charlie" I am the pilot in the video. Brian filmed the video and did the editing. Brian is a great guy and will help anyone.

Stay calm, you will fiqure it out.

Charlie
Old 01-17-2004, 09:24 AM
onytay

Charlie,
I figured that might be the case but i wasnt sure, Im finishing my first Shrike 40 now, I like your kawasaki trim scheme it must have taken a long time, I ride motocross, and my bike of choice is a KX, but back to the point, I final sanding my Shrike now but I still cant figure out what color to go with, I sure there will need to be two tataly different colors, I just cant think of what to do. Ive never flown a Shrike before but i know they are fast. any suggestion on what two colors look good together but are easy seprable in the air?
Old 01-17-2004, 12:17 PM
bsumpter

onytay:

My apologies. Perhaps I jumped the gun there a little.

What you are experiencing with the video is a codec problem with your system. Did you download the DivX or the WMV version? If you downloaded the DivX version, download the following and install it:

http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511Bundle.exe

If you downloaded the WMV version, you may want to upgrade your Windows Media Player. I'm not sure what version OS you are running, but running "Windows Update" from your Start Menu should give you the option to get the latest Media Player software.

Let me know if this helps.

Brian
Old 01-17-2004, 01:37 PM
bsumpter

OK, I've encoded another version of the video. Without doubt, one of these copies will work.

Here they are, in order of quality.

Quicktime 5 Encoding (High Bitrate)
http://rclibrary.com/vids/Shrike-II-3-Mbps.mov

Quicktime 5 Encoding (Medium Bitrate)
http://rclibrary.com/vids/Shrike-II-1-Mbps.mov

DivX Encoding
http://rclibrary.com/vids/Shrike-II-DivX.avi

WMV 9 Encoding
http://rclibrary.com/vids/Shrike-II-WMF.wmv

MPEG 1 Encoding (VCD Quality)
http://rclibrary.com/vids/Shrike-II-MPEG.mpg

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Brian
Old 01-17-2004, 01:49 PM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

That should do it for about 99.98% of the people out there...
Old 01-17-2004, 01:51 PM
Charlie E

Hey onytay,

I'm finishing a Shrike 40 also. I'm thinking about going with Neon Orange, White and Copper. So many choices.

Charlie
Old 01-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Strykaas

Thanks Brian for putting so much effort in SHARING !
Old 01-17-2004, 05:42 PM
onytay

Thanks brian for putting so much effort in SHARING

I totaly agree Brian is one heck of a guy!!!!!

Charlie,

I would like to use yelow, and completely checker the bottom, but I cant find any checkered covering, and Im not fond painting, do you you know of any checkered covering on the market? one more thing, do you think I should sheet the horz and vert stabs?
Old 01-17-2004, 06:37 PM
Charlie E

Onytay, I've never seen any, other than adhesive decals. You can make checker boards. The flowing Checker board on Shrike II was fairly easy. Somewhere on RCU is a good post about how to do the flowing checker board. It's hard to explain the procedure unless you have pics for illustration. The post I mentioned has plenty of pics. If you can't find the post and your interested in doing your own, I'll try to explain the procedure.

Charlie
Old 01-18-2004, 01:28 AM
Darwin

Charlie,

Thanks for the pics of your stand. I'm going to build one this week-end.

With all the recent posts of people's Shrikes, I'm getting inspired to get mine back in the air. I took the 32SX out of it and put it in another plane; so my Shrike is temporarily a glider, but it should only take about an hour to do an engine transplant and get it going again.

Your next assignment (should you choose to accept it!) is to get some doppler readings on Shrike II and let us know how fast she's really going . I'm curious about your Norvel/pipe combo.

Paul
Old 01-18-2004, 08:03 AM
Charlie E

Hey Paul, that is the plan. As soon as we have a good weekend we will do the Doppler. We think it's faster. Brian claims he has a hard time keeping the camera on it and he didn't experience that with Shrike I. I know she will get out of sight in a hurry. You never know. I will post the results.

Charlie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.