Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Magnum ARTF Who Selled in USA or Canada???

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Magnum ARTF Who Selled in USA or Canada???

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2002, 11:11 PM
Isaac F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum ARTF Who Selled in USA or Canada???

DO any body know who sells de Weston Magnum ARTF in USA???? Or in Canada????
Old 06-03-2002, 01:39 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default JD

JD Enterprises
Old 06-05-2002, 03:01 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered mine from florida, from the Weston UK rep. The motor that comes with these though they say is a Weston sure looks exactly like a speed Webra, nice pipe and a goog looking plane....
Old 06-05-2002, 06:26 PM
Isaac F

Hello Evan? Is there is a Weston Rep in Florida????
Do you know if he has a wep page and e-mail???
Can you give me his Telephone number?

THX,

Isaac
Old 06-06-2002, 11:23 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Magnum

The florida distributor is Modellbau USA, 954-476-5572, www.modellbau-usa.com A freind and I ordered ours together, they only had one left, he's gotten his, I'll gett mine hopefully tommorow. His came without landing gear instructions, my understanding is they don't come with the gear just instructions on how to bend the wire and how/ where to install them. The engine that comes with is is a speed .50, maybe with some mods. my freind has run 8 tanks through his on the bench and it runs like a r/c car engine, instant response, and is turning 22K with a 9x7 APC. We haven't flown it yet but through the Diamond Dusts, Outlaws, and Shrikes I think this will fly easier.
Old 06-06-2002, 12:10 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

the engine is a West 50 and can be seen at www.westonuk.co.uk
yes its a webby speed 50, but Alan at Weston has breathed on it, we have one here and i think its gonna be a huge hit compaired to the WXL 46 DOG! they sold before. there will be two versions, V1 for the Magnum, and T1 for the 3D hype, you fun fly guys thought you liked the normal speed 50....
they also have a webby 35 they played with, seen the prototype 2 weeks ago and i want one!!!!! i almost swapped Alan Jrn's plane for mine to see if he would notice

Just noticed you said landing gear, dont bother, you insulte the plane with that ugly draggy rubbish. throwing is easy, one hand under nose for support, throw from back of wing, just a gental throw does the trick, its up to flying speed very soon, landing isnt as good as a glider but when you know your gonna get dry make sure your runs across the flightline are slightly higher, you'll get time to turn and set up for landing. if you can do it, get a bigger tank, 3-4 mins isnt long enough flying time.
you'll need all elevator for landing so set up expo for flying. also make sure both elevator halves move exactly the same.

have fun
Old 06-06-2002, 03:02 PM
Isaac F

Hey Evan, thank you for the info and help. I already send a e-mail to find the price and it is available.

Hey Phillybaby,

Just noticed you said landing gear, dont bother, you insulte the plane with that ugly draggy rubbish.
I am the one guilty for the answer on the landing gear. I send a e-mail to Evan asking about the landing gear in the Magnum. He was replaying to me.
This would be my first experience with a really fast airplane. I dont think going fast is going to be a problem for me but my only concern is when I run out of gas in the Magnum because the winspan is 36" and the engine is heavy.

So the West 50 is a Webra 50GT Aero? What mod they have dont to this engine??? Do the Factory Webra bearings going to willstand 20K+ RPMS
What about the 35 you talk about??? Can I use one in my 30 size heli??? If you talk with Alan, please find out.

Isaac
Old 06-06-2002, 03:33 PM
Isaac F

What fuel do you recomend for the Weston 50V1 Engine.

The only fuel available here were I live Panama Central America is:

Byron Castor/Synthetic Blend 10% Nitro 16% oil
Byron Castor/Synthetic Blend 15% Nitro 16% oil
Wilcat 100% Synthetic 15% Nitro 18% oil

I think the Weston 50 Engine dont like high Nitro.

I actually using Byron 10% Nitro 16% oil in my regular airplanes Webras 50GT Aero Speed with 11 x 5 APC props but they dont get more than 14.5K RPM and they are doing good and there is not problem with bearings. BUT what about doing more than 20K RPM on the West 50V1 with this fuel???

THX,

Isaac
Old 06-06-2002, 06:20 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

i think i remember you, or someone asking about retracts, the idea is to keep this plane light, and it is.
its fast yes, but also very stable and easy to fly, dont worry about the speed, the glide is steap, but controlable, dont slow it down too much untill your used to it, fave way to end here is a dive that ends the fuel once and for all just as you pull out over the patch, you then climb with the speed, turn and dive back for the patch. make sure you can land anywhere you want untill you know this plane.
The West 50 is basicaily a webby 50, i know whats been done to it, as would anyone that can tunes engines, it really is simple, but its not my place to go teling. if you look at the web site you'll also see the really nice cooling fins for the T1 and 35 that are part of the back plate
I KNOW Weston have picked and choosen all the materials that Webra have used, after troubles with the WXL's Alans told me they taking no chance with these, its the best Webra have, which Webra are well known for anyway.
35 in a heli, if you can fit it in ( due to cooling fins on backplate ) im sure you could. dont forget this is an aero engine, developed for funflys, i know heli engines are ported and tuned diffrent.
I would ask Weston about this first.
Recomened fuel for all Wests is Prosynth 2000 ( 100% synth, about 20% )
currently we use 5%, im sure Alan uses more. 30% for a laugh has been meantioned. 5-10% i would say, i dont own one.
Your in a hot enviroment with a hot engine,
Maybe talk to Weston about having the T1 back plate on the V1 to help. id guess if Alan had to pick a fuel it would be the Synth only.
I'll try to answer all questions, but remember i dont own the engines or plane. i just know Weston UK
3 magnums, 5 if you inculed the old ones, more if you inculed Cornettos ( magnum copys ) fly at our club.
only one V1 so far, just a month old. first off the shelf, so if there are problems, we'll know them first