Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

shrike .40

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 11:27 PM
bullet65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shrike .40

ok i finaly broke down and purchased today the shrike .40 kit and the mvvs.40 side exaust motor.should be faster than im used too so i hopefully wont turn it back into a kit.lol.does anyone know what size tuned pipe i need and maybe prop size for breakin and then speed.it will take a little while for me too build because im finishing my sig se with a saito .91.plus painting the bedroom and 2 bathrooms.thanks.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:55 PM
Q-Ball
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: shrike .40

Unless you ordered the tuned pipe separately the MVVS comes with a tuned silencer.Already tuned and a screamer.
I had the MVVS 49 with a tuned silencer on my Shrike and what a mover...
I'm looking at my sheet that came with my 40 and it doesn't have a prop size to start with but I'd go with a 10X6.These engines like to turn hi rpms.Just don't run it too lean.Run a couple of tanks thru it and heat it up..Your ready to fly.This is just my opinion and there's 10,000 out there.
I've had three Shrikes with various power plants.They're a ball.Just have someone throw it for you on first flights till you know it's trimmed to do the rite thing when it leaves your hands.With this engine,it's moving fast when it leaves your hand.Just be ready.

Good luck and enjoy
Walt
Old 02-14-2004, 09:34 AM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: shrike .40

the mvvs.40 side exaust motor.
You can chose between rear or side exhaust with this engine, but DO IT BEFORE STARTING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME !

MVVS sells mini pipes that just do the job.