Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Magnum Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 10:21 PM
Peroxide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum Pics

Hey, would anyone mind posting a few pics of their magnums? I am looking for a couple of views in specific. Namely, a top view, a view of the airfoil cross-section, and a view of the hinges for the ailerons. I am interested in some alternate tuned pipe mounting options. Possibly internal to the fuse. Also, I was hoping to see the airfoil cross section to see if it was thick enough to install some retracts. Throwing a ruler in some of the pics would be mighty helpful too!

I'm still trying to identify a kit right for me to mess with.

Thanks,
Ian
Old 02-22-2004, 11:20 PM
mpriestley
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Magnum Pics

unfortunately I do not have a pic for you but I can give you plenty of advise regarding your thought and questions regarding mods to the magnum.

1st. I would forget the idea of retracts, I have made many mods to small planes including 1/12 scale FW 190's and was successful in putting in retracts but this wing is just too thin and you would probably have too many problems with it for the hastle. (hate to be the barer of bad news)

2nd. You can mod the plane to fit the pipe inside.

Do A search in this forum under magnum and you will find a guy that did all the mods and detailed it so you can follow along.

ps. regarding retracts. The manufacture gives you a template to modify gear into the plane but they do not recomend doing this. And long story short, it lands just fine with out them.

I did make a launching dolly for mine and that makes take off a lot more fun and cool.

hope this helps, feel free to PM with other questions. etc...

Good luck it is an awesome speed plane!
Old 02-23-2004, 10:03 AM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Check out Philly's web site: www.philsrcworld.fsnet.co.uk for his modified Magnum (pipe inside, very detailed).
Old 02-24-2004, 09:41 AM
strong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's mine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88395.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	104522  
Old 02-24-2004, 02:05 PM
SJN