Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Magnum problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 08:18 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum problems

8x9 APC, 1" off the headder, 5% wow, 10% hold on tight. we dont sag down after the launch anymore. The old WXl's used to.
I read somewhere else the radar gunned speed was 185mph max with that engine ( on the flat ) the West is far quicker, a friend got his West last week and after just one running in flight and then leaned out he was impressed with the extra speed.
i would say 200 in a dive is fair, on the flat.... maybe just if you get it all right and 10%
make the bottom end richer and you'll get the idle your not meant to have, and the pick up is still perfect.
E-mails, we dont bother, im not sure what it is, but they never get answered, can only be because they dont get read in the first place. phoning is the only way to go.
19500 is a good figure for 5%, tho we do that with 8x9's
Wish we had a video of the 4 Magnum race, then the 6 Rapier and my DD race afterwards, that was crazy.
if you want the plane to go faster, just do the flypast with in 6-8 feet of your self. then you see how fast it really is
Old 07-31-2002, 10:19 AM
azuz

Default Magnum problems

[E-mails, we dont bother, im not sure what it is, but they never get answered, can only be because they dont get read in the first place. phoning is the only way to go.
Well

I dont blame WESTON then....... for the customer Service.

Plus thats Helping the product SOAR to good heights.

Well i wouldnt mind calling them, only if i was in the UK. but infact calling is a good way for asking Weston to talk about thier GBP 80 product......well if you dont mind payin a pound a minute for the call.........errr 10 mins to get the guys online....10 mins to explain and 20 mins to get a possible solution lol

great service guys !

ciao
Old 07-31-2002, 11:02 AM
MMallory

Default Magnum problems

Phillybaby,

What engine are those specs for? Does the new .50 engine need a bit of break-in to come alive and should the header be shortened?

Mark M.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:01 PM
Cactus.

Default Magnum problems

The specs are for a West 50, 5% Prosynth, 8x9 APC
John ran one tank though his engine, ( as per instructions? ) and i think Barry had 3 just to make sure. This was done at full speed slightly rich.
Dont cut the headder before i find out for sure how much they have removed, for the 9x7's and stuff recomended i think you leave it as it comes.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:34 PM
Cactus.

Default Magnum problems

the West 50 will be available for helis some time in the future, tho Choppie tells me hes gonna use a V1!!!! guess you dont need idle in helis, just 17,000 +