Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Best Prop?

Old 06-14-2002, 07:36 PM
guntop

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Best Prop?

I have a GP f15 with a 46fx/tuned pipe. What is the best overall prop that will give me good vertical and top end speed
Old 06-18-2002, 10:48 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Best Prop?

The..."best" prop will depend on your engine (you might have a hottie, you might have a dog)...The altitude of your field, the weight of the plane, the slippery-ness of the finish on the plane, ect.

A good 'ol 10-6 APC is the place to start. If you can get 16-17,000 r's out of it, you will have plenty of speed, and a pretty good vertical.

Set the high speed adjustment with the plane pointing up...at first...set it a little fat. Some piped engines will really lean out quick when they come on the pipe in the air. You can lean it out a click at a time after that...once you find out how it's gonna act. An engine that isn't really broken in can "change" enough in one flight...to hurt it's self...especially a piped engine.

I learned this lesson the hard way.
Old 06-19-2002, 01:17 AM
Mark Hansen

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default props

I usually have better luck with the APC's, but for some reason we are using 46FX's on our Diamond Dusts and getting better rev's (SPEED!) with the Master Screws - Who knows? - Try a few different and see how they feel - you never know - Mark