Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Laser Arrow Delta???

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Laser Arrow Delta???

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 02:24 AM
Flipper
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laser Arrow Delta???

Hi Guys, just found this site. I just finished an Arrow and put a Rossi 45 on it. I was going to fly it this weekend but we had to much wind. What prop would you say and are there any other issues I shoud know about? Thanks, Jeff
Old 06-18-2002, 09:19 AM
Paternguy
My Feedback: (1)

Default Awsome Bird

I built one about 2 Months ago. I had it built and covered in 3 days. I went with a rossi 60 and pipe on mine. Talk about a balistic missle. LOL. I think you will have lots of fun with this one.

I would go with a 10x7 or 11x6 on the 45. I am running a 12x8 on my Rossi 60. Of course I am trying to slow it down some. LOL
Old 06-18-2002, 10:52 AM
Flipper

Thanks Paternguy, I was hoping someone would say it was a great flying bird. I hope to fly it tonight, I feel the need the need for speed! Did you launch yours by the skid?
Old 06-18-2002, 11:09 AM
modeltronics
My Feedback: (27)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Patternguy
I think we talked before. I bought 5 of them when tower had them on sale for $35. I have 3 of them ready to cover. I'm going to use the GMS 76 on the 3. Did you have any ballancing problems with the Rossi 60? What kind of speeds did you get with the 60?

Thanks

Pete
Old 06-18-2002, 12:10 PM
Flipper

WOW! Wish I would have known about that price I would have bought a bunch also. It was an easy plane to put together. I put some lead in the outside servo compartment to offset the weight of the pipe.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:23 AM
Paternguy

Default Arrow

Yes we did talk. I am guessing that it goes right around 150 mph. But again that is a guess. I used a 5 cell 1100 ma battery and put it as far back as it would go. It balanced right on this way.

I do launch it by the skid. No real incidents with doing it this way. It is a real knee shaker for the first few launches. LOL

I ordered another 2 kits from Tower after you told me they had them for $35.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:10 AM
modeltronics
My Feedback: (27)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the info. I don't know if I'll get them covered soon. I would rather be outside flying right now, not in the shop covering. I'll let you know as soon as I get in the first flight.

Pete
Old 06-22-2002, 01:43 PM
tlpayne

I just checked tower and they are back to $80. Kind of sucks. I will have to watch for the next sale.
Old 06-24-2002, 06:53 PM
marc sommer

Gentlemen,good evening(London time). I have been using the Laser Arrow in all sorts of configs ie fixed gear,no gear,multi engine push pull etc).Absolutely fantastic aeroplane apart from one nasty .The engine plate is only supported in balsa which is ok while it is new or you use a low powered engine.My high time arrow had the front literally ripped off it after a touch and go,on frosty grass,chipped the prop out of balance.I went into the vertical as normal from the touch and go,suddenly BANG,the whole front end just burst open-beef it up! Cheers Marc Sommer
Old 06-29-2002, 02:17 AM
Flipper

Hi Guys, I finally got to fly my arrow tonight, I launched it at about half throttle and when it left my hand it was like it was on rails. This was my first delta and I was really amazed at how stable it was. I had to put just a bit of left trim and a touch of down and then I added some power and banked it into a diving turn and what a rush when the Rossi 45 came on the pipe! I was glad I read on another post to set up the dual rates and exponential because when I flipped over to the high rates it really got scary. hehehe I slowed it down and tested how it would handle at landing speed and it was as gentle as a kitten so I brought it around and cut the engine and it skidded in for a soft landing. What a great plane IMHO, thanks for all of the info everyone it really helped. I was using a APC 9-7 and am going to try a 9-8 the next time out.
Old 07-02-2002, 12:25 PM
Glenn McIntosh
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Gents;
I just finish a Lazer Delta, Have a question, What control throws are you all using ? Wild / Mild ?, I have a Sport Jett .40 w/ a APC 10/6. One thing I did was to mount a small handle on the top side above the skid mount to throw it under hand. Over all how well will Sport Jett .40 pull the lazer around ?..getting 16,000 rpm on the 10/6 apc + or - , Any Idea's on what speed I'll be looking at ?

Glenn McIntosh
AnnArbor Michigan
Old 07-07-2002, 03:53 AM
Glenn McIntosh

Made four flites today..Flys like a missle... I don't like the skid all that much ...going to shortin the skid some.. using an apc 10x6 on a sport jett .40 ... Glad I put a handle for lanuching on the top side above the skid ...works great... Like the plane...
Glenn McIntosh
Old 07-07-2002, 01:51 PM
RossiRay

Default Speed with 10x6

16,000 on a 10x6=~95 mph.
You could try a 9x8 on the Jett. =~125-130 mph@16,000.

RR
Old 07-08-2002, 12:33 PM
Glenn McIntosh

Hey RR, I'll try the 9x8, So far I've logged 7 flights on it .. Just getting it dialed in on the trims that I want.. I had too do the seperate aileron/elevator thing..Wish I didn't have too ..but had no Flapperon mixing.. With the seperate elevator I find it flys fine but a little week on elevator controll when dead stick. I see also in few of the last few posts that ... I too find I'm using left ailron trim and down trim too... It does fly like it's on rails..but How would you feel if the engine had a little down thrust... like one or two washers underneath the rear engine lugs ? Would that help on the this design of delta wing ?

Glenn McIntosh
AnnArbor Mi.
Old 07-14-2002, 12:31 PM
daz

HI ALL JUST FINISHED REPAIRING MY LASER ARROW AFTER THE RECEIVER WENT DOWN ON ME I CUT DOWN THE SKID AND REINFORCED THE AREA AFTER IT PUSHED ALL THE WAY THOUGH ON A PAST HEAVY LANDING RUNNING MINE ON A IRVINE 53 WITH PIPE IT GOES VERTICAL OUT OF SIGHT JUST BUILDING A RAPIER HOPE THAT GOES AS WELL
Old 07-14-2002, 11:19 PM
Flipper

Flew mine with the 9x8 and it made a big difference, seams like it added a bunch more speed when the Rossi comes on the pipe. Made my knees shake a bit on a dive into a low pass and then straight up, really wowed the people at the flying field.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:58 PM
marc sommer

Default Laser Arrow on steroids

If anybody is interested,here is my first attempt at making something slightly different of the laser Arrow.The climb is awesome.As for the noise-well.
Old 07-26-2002, 09:05 PM
marc sommer

Default Laser Arrow on steroids

If anybody is interested,here is my first attempt at making something slightly different of the laser Arrow.The climb is awesome.As for the noise-well.
Old 07-26-2002, 09:10 PM
marc sommer

Sorry ,cant make this photo business work,got these pictures stored in this box computer thing,cant seem to drag them out of the computer to show you them.Working on it.Regards Marc Sommer
Old 07-30-2002, 12:40 PM
Flipper

Marc, email me your picks and I will post them for you if you would like. Jeff
Old 07-30-2002, 06:29 PM
sportflyer-RCU
My Feedback: (35)

I am interested in adding LG to this plane . Marc Sommers can you or someone advise location of front and rear LG. Might even consider retracts. Tks
Old 07-30-2002, 07:51 PM
Flipper

Sportflyer, a friend of mine built a Northstar wing and added a firewall to the nose and a stearable nose gear to the firewall. It looks like my arrow, so I would think if you made a plywood firewall instead of the balsa one it would work. The rear landing gear don't seem to be that big of deal as far as placement, use some hardwood blocks and reinforce where they mount to the ribs with ply rib doublers. I thought about doing what you are talking about when I was building mine.
Old 08-09-2002, 09:06 PM
Planeboy P51

I was thinking about one of these... maybe with an OS 91 FX?! That'd be like an unlimited racer... Do they make 11x14 props? Would that qualify as "extreme speed"?
Old 10-11-2002, 11:07 PM
Hammbone2

Ive used the vfdf.91 with a apc 10x10 and tached 18,000rpm
Old 10-23-2002, 01:59 PM
rc yogi 2

I bout,built&flew one of these and was interested in CGsweetspots
and trim reflexes. I was also wondering if foam cores cosed anyone's mind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.