Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Balsa USA enforcer

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Balsa USA enforcer

Old 03-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Bill Yonescu
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Balsa USA enforcer

Nice looking Enforcer. I will start building my second enforcer in a week or so. My first had the Tower .75 and I used the APC 11x7 for it. I am planning on doing the same this time so I guess I liked it... (Really loved it.) It's a great flying plane.. can go real slow or real fast. If you are used to flying with a rudder... I'd suggest you mix the rudder stick to the ailerons. I didn't do this on my first flight and did some real damage on the first landing.. After fixing it and mixing the rudder stick landing were great.

Also, I had to put a bend in my nose gear to give it "caster".... without that bend it kept flipping over on take off.. There is a video on YouTube of another enforcer having the same problem.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/ga...6memid%3D14393

This photo is before I put the "caster" in the nose wheel.

Bill
Old 04-17-2009, 07:17 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

hi my name is allen where can i get the plans for the fan houseing for the enforcer thanks allen oneaew@msn .com
Old 04-17-2009, 05:45 PM
[email protected]

my enforcer has a 91os eng 1 aileron servo for each aileron 2 servos for elv 1 for nose gear 1 for throttle no rudder just use ailerons to turn maybe get 75 mph> also have one with a ducted fan on it> and now going to make one for a turbine> a very good plane allen
Old 04-17-2009, 05:46 PM
[email protected]

ps all my servos are about 6inches from the rear of the plane allen
Old 04-17-2009, 10:19 PM
[email protected]

i made the fan housing from the last ring to the end straight> that way i was able to put my hand and starter right up to the eng with a spinner on the eng and start it like a reg. eng works good and flys good
Old 04-19-2009, 08:03 AM
[email protected]

hi my name is allen just looked at flight 200 on the enforcer>do you know of any one who has a bryon fan houseing and eng mount for os 91 eng and fan blade> it will be till next xmas befor i get a turbine>> my email is> [email protected] thank you happy flying allen
Old 05-20-2009, 06:39 PM
[email protected]

does any one know how to to speed  brakes on a enforcer?? tks allen
Old 05-20-2009, 09:29 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Allen,

In this thread there is some discussion and pictures of a couple different speed brakes. Mine was originally 6" X 1 3/4" on the bottom. It wasn't as effective as I wanted. After a number of flights I increased it to 10" X 2" which works well on my Turbine Enforcer.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_24..._1/key_/tm.htm

Joe
Old 05-21-2009, 09:00 AM
[email protected]

thanks for the info joe but i dont quite know how to make it or hook it up> can u help me some with thattks allen
Old 05-21-2009, 01:03 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The only pictures of my speed brake are in the referenced thread. Just cut a hole in the bottom of the plane, reinforce it, then hinge in a stiff surface. You'll have to locate your controls and servo where you have room. To make mine larger I just screwed an aluminum plate to the original. When it's up the aluminum fits flush with the bottom of the fuse.

Joe
Old 08-20-2009, 05:50 AM
Piddler

My Enforcer is ready to go except for setting up my high and low rates. I have the radio elevon settings all set-up, but need recomendations for the high and low rates for both elevator and ailerons. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Square Nozzle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had a dream to install one of my turbines (probably my P-70) into a 150% Northstar but I like the lines of the Enforcer much better. You that have built the Enforcer would know best - would it be possible to modify the fuselage bottom configuration and put a Northstar style "float/step" on it with wing tip floats? My guess is that someone has already done this and I just have to rattle him out of the woodwork.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Piddler

I forgot they had the throw settings in the manual. 1/2" elevator and 3/8" ailerons. I will go with that.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:00 AM
2000redrocket

we had a enforcer i got from a gararge sale for 50 bucks. it was well used i bet from the old german .61 on it it has been around a while. with a 11x6 prop my gps said 95mph keeping it flat and no dive help. since then we got a thundertiger .91 and sofar i am thinking it is not as good but the woodblock was soaked with fuel bad and it came apart in the air. we ordered a new kit the other day and are going to get this big engine setup and a 13x8 this time to load the engine. nice thing is the new engine is not much heavier than the old .61
Old 09-06-2009, 07:25 PM
2000redrocket

we had the fusalage come off cause the block was oil soaked and the glue did not hold on a repair.so we got a new kit and we are in the process of putting it together. it will have a thindertiger pro 91. it shall be intresting since it has been 20 years since we put a kit together.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:15 PM
2000redrocket

well we got the enforcer done. looks great and flys like the old one that broke up in the air. sofar the .91 thundertiger is not as fast as the old .61. gps says 92mph with a 14x8 wood prop. we put a 11x7 three blade on and it works well. need to put the gps in again. next is a 12x8 three blader and a 13x8 two blade.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:03 PM
2000redrocket

we used seperat servos for the controle surfaces and only have one servo in the front for rudder stearing the front wheel. we have a 5cell battery pack up front to balance it out. it seems much better with the servoes in the wing going directly to the surface it moves. there is some flex in the elevator wire. it is a nice plane. with the 14x8 it climbs till you back out of it when it gets too small.35385
Old 09-20-2009, 08:07 AM
[email protected]

hi my name is allen> i put a servo in for each aileron and 2 for the elv. one for the nose wheel>one for thro. i have a 61 on it> flys good about 75 or 80> it is orange and yellow> i did have one with a byron ducted fan on it till happen to look into the sun>hope u have fun with yours allen
Old 09-20-2009, 12:15 PM
2000redrocket

allen can you put a gps in your plane? i imagin you can since we had my big zumo 450 and matts much smaller garmin. our wing with a old germin .61 and a 11x6 pusher did 94mph. i bet unless you over proped the 61 it may be going faster than you think. we put the gps in the compartment in frount of the tank with 1/2 full tank to trade weight and kept it flat trying not to dive it. sofar it was faster with the old 61 in it book rating at 1.5hp. this darn .91 is suspose to be rated at 2.5hp and we are sort of dissapointed. it is new and we are getting it running better as we go. it seams time does help the brake in and they do run better. have fun with yours it took a lot of time with two building at the same time and matt says it is not as fun as the old one cause you are nervise on wrecking it cause of the invested time. we got the first enforcer at a gararge sale for 50 bucks and had to fix some damage. it came ready to go except for a reciever. what a great deal. shame it broke up.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:30 PM
[email protected]

hi i think it is faster then what i think> where did u get your gps at> i have a lot of room in the body> the os i have starts real good idle is good> the eng is 5 yrs old>i have a 12.7 prop on it>wood prop> allen
Old 09-20-2009, 02:42 PM
[email protected]

hi how do i put pictures on the email to you so u can see my plane tks allen
Old 09-20-2009, 03:51 PM
2000redrocket

i have a face book page and all my pictures are there i am not sure what you are asking about email. we put the gps in the compartment in front of the tank with the tank half empty. mine is a garman zumo 450 motorcycle gps and it bairly fits. a nuvi smaller one works better and is less weight for sure. we are going to gps it with the 11x7 3 blade this week and see what the difference is from the 14x8 to this. the 3 blade sounds neat. but looks like a toy compaired to the 14" and the on the ground push is much less but it jumped in the air good enough.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:12 AM
gassprint1
My Feedback: (2)

hi guys. i'm in a predicament. first plane i ever built. got the fuse all together and stood it on it's nose to do some final gap glueing and noticed the rear of the fuse from former F6 or so back was outa wack. looking at it from the bottom, it was shifted to the left alot. don't know how it got out that bad. have it poped back apart. any tips the get it lined back up correctly? if i pushed the back to try to line it up before i got it poped back apart, the front would shift the opposite way. good thing i noticed this before glueing the sheeting on the front and back. let me know. i am in indiana so if someone would like to call me about the help, call after 6pm on my verizon cell...574-249-0060. all help to get this right is very much appreciated, thanks...Toby
Old 04-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Piddler

Maidened the Enforcer yesterday. Got off the ground no problem, low rate throws good. I didn't try the high rate. Front retract failed to come down on the first flight, so I landed it with nose gear retracted and landed safely with no damage. Fixed the landing gear for the second flight and the throttle barrel screw came out and only had full and half throttle. Ran it out of gas and landed it on the fringe of the grass field. Still no damage. The plane flew great except for the two other issues that have now been fixed. I was hoping for a litle bit more speed from the Tower 75/12x6 wood pusher. I will try the Graupner 11x8 next time out.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:39 PM
gassprint1
My Feedback: (2)

i'm still working on the wings. sanding part sucks but getting there before i mount the ailerons and elevators. i had a hard time with the sheets on the wings. inorder to get the front to stay down i wrapped tape around the sides and it broke some of the balsa where the insides meet. hope it isn't a problem...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.