Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Balsa USA enforcer

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Balsa USA enforcer

Old 08-17-2014, 11:31 AM
FLIGHTJOCKEY
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE ON THE TWIN PUSHER SUPER ENFORCER

The Custom Mufflers are finally and the rt motor counter clock crank is completed and tested
Stay tuned for the compled plane, I need to do the final prep for paint then assembly
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-08 16.09.55.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	2023026  

Last edited by FLIGHTJOCKEY; 08-27-2014 at 08:34 AM. Reason: props are incorrect
Old 08-18-2014, 01:43 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool! That will sound neat.

Unless the photo is fooling me the props are backwards.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:15 PM
[email protected]

do you have pusher props on the engines? other wise it wont go far
Old 08-19-2014, 09:15 AM
FLIGHTJOCKEY

left motor is a standard motor with a pusher prop, the right motor has a counter rotating crank in it I built, and uses a standard prop turned around, with these older motors you can remove the 4 crank hub bolts and rotate the assembly to the left now you have a counter rotating motor, or pay a machinist to make you a counter rotating crank, I just happen to have a full machine and wood shop so
I machine and build all my own stuff
Old 08-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Still doesn't look right...

The rear of the plane is toward the camera, and the nose of the plane is toward the wall in the background, right?
Old 08-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

the prop is on wrong on the left engine, the marking on the hup and prop are to face forward.

I once saw a guy with an Enforcer with the pusher prop installed wrong, labe facing to the rear. It had some thrust to taxi but never got off the ground until the prop was turned around.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:33 AM
FLIGHTJOCKEY

APC is the best props to use best thrust and no confusion on which way to install them. The blunt or leading edge should face the edge to which the prop turns, on some other props you need to look at the pitch , its always best to do a bench static thrust test before going to the field., saves you from crashes
Old 08-22-2014, 11:46 AM
MJD

If you tell people the props are mounted on the opposite engines and backwards for good cooling when ground running.. you won't get any more comments on the subject
Old 08-23-2014, 03:06 PM
FLIGHTJOCKEY

I appreciate all the input about the props being mounted wrong, if you see the plane in person and see the bench tests, you will know that you infact are wrong your self. This is not my first time building a pusher system
Old 08-23-2014, 04:43 PM
MJD

That may be true! The motor orientation makes perfect sense. But in the picture we're looking at the rear of the airplane, and while the direction (CW or CCW) of the pitch on each prop looks correct for the engine, it looks like we see the front of the prop not the rear. In other words looks like we see the upper surface of the airfoil on each prop - where the markings are - instead of the lower surface. Maybe it is a trick of the lighting, but it looks so convincing in the photo that it seems to be fooling everyone.

You must get pretty good elevon authority even at low speeds?
Old 08-24-2014, 06:17 PM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude, if that's the back of your plane, your props are on backwards. You can either listen to everyone else here, or please take video of the crash. Lol

Seriously though, the numbers on the prop always face the direction of flight, no matter tractor or pusher. You can choose to believe it or not.

Last edited by Lownverted; 08-24-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:26 PM
FLIGHTJOCKEY

Here is a example , you people out there who seem to think I am wrong, I suggest you get some experience with pushers, or do a bench test your self, the way I have the props set up, I have used this method for over 30 years with no problems, I am not some dumb ass flyer who puts a plane together without checking everything several times to make sure it is correct before flying, I see people every day who build and fly without checking the plane. then crash AS far as the numbers on the prop facing the direction of flight is also incorrect statement for APC props I called APC many years ago to clear up that matter. If it was a wood ZINGER prop then you would be correct about the numbers facing toward flight direction
Here is a example. if you take a standard rotation APC prop on the front of a plane the numbers facing forward, if you are looking at the prop it turns counter clockwise (left) and pulls the plane, if you were to turn the prop around with the numbers facing the rear and and turn the motor in a clockwise rotation (right) is now becomes a pusher prop

Name:	IMG_20140825_125740_675.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	2025843  

Last edited by FLIGHTJOCKEY; 08-25-2014 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:28 PM
FLIGHTJOCKEY

with a APC always remember the blunt edge (leading edge) the the edge toward the proper turning direction

Last edited by FLIGHTJOCKEY; 08-25-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:58 AM
Lownverted

Sigh......where to start?

I'd sad to think you've been doing it wrong for 30 years. Please watch this video and you hopefully understand that you have the face of the prop facing the wrong way. Note the part where they talk about the numbers & letters facing forward, and about the spooned part of the prop facing aft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb3wDVl_PFg
Old 08-26-2014, 09:59 AM
Lownverted

Originally Posted by FLIGHTJOCKEY
with a APC always remember the blunt edge (leading edge) the the edge toward the proper turning direction
That's correct, but only half of the answer. You aren't taking into account the face of the blade. Again, watch the video I linked above.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:37 AM
FLIGHTJOCKEY

Thank you for sending the video, it is correct for electric props. I just got off the phone with ROBERT at APC to clear all you people's confusion, as I stated I am no dumb **** and I know what I am doing, Robert confirmed I am correct and told me how to explain the correct prop installation for all you un experienced people, on APC props, the leading edge will have the numbers on that edge, not in all cases do the numbers face the front, . most all the electric props are made so the numbers face foward, with gas APC props, like mine the numbers DO NOT FACE FORWARD UNLESS its a standard direction gas prop because the numbers are on the leading edge. , in my case the pusher prop requires the numbers to face rear,( numbers on leading edge) and on my right motor its a counter rotating motor with a standard prop turned around, so in that case the numbers do face forward. I HOPE THIS CLEARS UP THE NON BELIEVERS, IF YO STILL DO NOT BELIEVE ME CALL ROBERT IN IN TECH SUPPORT AT APC YOUR SELF, AND HE WILL SET YOU STRAIGHT
APC'S NUMBER IS 530 661 0366 GOOD LUCK PEOPLE
Old 08-26-2014, 12:20 PM
MJD

Again, maybe it is a trick of the lighting. Nobody says you're a dumbass, but this forum is not populated by dummies either - experienced pylon racers, speed fliers, gonzo sport fliers, you name it. Everyone here that has looked at the photo sees the same thing.You could prove everyone wrong real quick with a close up of the two engines with the props in focus.

"left motor is a standard motor with a pusher prop, the right motor has a counter rotating crank in it I built"

In the picture above, the motor on the left looks like it has a tractor prop, and the right motor looks like a pusher prop.

Moving along..

Old 08-26-2014, 02:00 PM
FLIGHTJOCKEY

I thank you all for you opinions and suggestions, I will take them all under submission

good luck and happy flying
Old 08-27-2014, 06:16 AM
Lownverted

Jockey,

I'm not sure what you told Robert, (who is not a tech btw, he runs APC actually) but you must not of been clear. I happen to know Robert, so I emailed him your picture. Below is what he had to say:

Hi Red,
Those props look backwards to me.
The leading edge of the prop should always be towards the direction of flight and towards the direction of rotation.

See you next week!

Robert

-----Original Message-----

To: apcprop
Sent: Tue, Aug 26, 2014 12:53 pm
Subject: Pusher
Hi Robert,

Sorry to bug you with such a trivial question, but are the props in the attached pics installed correctly for a pusher configuration? Not really important, just an internet discussion.

Cheers

Red Jensen

It's unfortunate that you won't at least consider that you are incorrect. It makes no difference if the prop is for an electric plane or not, the answer is till the same. Notice what he says about direction of flight AND the direction of rotation? The cup of the prop faces aft, and the airfoiled side faces forward. Period. The prop orientation in your pic is simply incorrect.

Name:	BUSA.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	2026359  
Old 08-27-2014, 07:50 AM
Rudeboy

Indeed.

If the left engine is standard rotation, and the right one is reverse rotation, then the props should be exchanged left to right...and both should be turned over front to rear.

As they are installed now, and the engine rotation is like you stated, the props are installed correctly for a plane that flies backwards. A twin-engined, backwards flying Enforcer, now THAT would be a first! ;-)
Old 08-27-2014, 08:32 AM
FLIGHTJOCKEY

Folks looking closer at the photo of the motors on the plane I will admit I have them on wrong, I rushly put them on to just snap a photo attached photo is the correct way I was wrong in original photo only, sorry for all the confusion
this is the correct way they go I had them on correctly when I did the bench test

Name:	2014-08-25 12.57.39.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	2026403  
Old 08-27-2014, 08:36 AM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When reading the responses to your own posts, try to keep something in mind. We do not point out mistakes to belittle you, we do it to help.

Scott
Old 08-27-2014, 08:38 AM
FLIGHTJOCKEY

no problem thanks
Old 08-27-2014, 09:00 AM
Rudeboy

The left prop in that last pic is not a pusher prop...it is a standard tractor prop.
The prop on the right is correct for a reverse rotation engine.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:31 PM
MJD

Originally Posted by FLIGHTJOCKEY
Folks looking closer at the photo of the motors on the plane I will admit I have them on wrong, I rushly put them on to just snap a photo
No sweat FJ - I figured it was just a boo-boo in the photo. But like Rudeboy says, that prop on the left is still a tractor prop..

Here's a pusher.. looking at the front of the airplane with an invisible CCW engine.. numbers on the front as usual but the hub is reversed.

Name:	APC 9x6P.JPG
Views:	540
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	2026492  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.