Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Opinions on F-20 please....

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Opinions on F-20 please....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 01:36 PM
Goggles
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on F-20 please....

Hi guys,

I have been wanting to build a F-20 for a long time and as soon as my current project takes to the air I may possibly be looking at making the F-20 scale plug.

This plane will be a pusher like the CBM F-16 made for the same YS .45. The wings will basla/foam core, fuse will be fiberglass with only a few ribs for support and I'm not sure about having a working rudder to save weight.

Do you guys think there would be much interest in this thing, any ideas you would like to see in it or do you have any opinions on the F-20 subject.

Thanks,

Kelvin.
Old 04-04-2004, 05:25 PM
dean320
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Opinions on F-20 please....

You will get a lot of comments from F-20 lovers here. I will give you one word of warning on the Direct Connections plane. Although it seemed well manufactureed, it is not as "ARC" as they claim. I bought one, and ended up sending it back (great customer service). My reason for saying this is that the instructions are lacking and the bottom portion of the wing is a nightmare (at least it was for me) to put together. They send about 5 different shaped pieces of wood and you are supposed to figure out how it goes together and also how to make it look good. Maybe I had this problem because this was a bit above my current building level, others here have nothing but positive to say. Do not let my comments disqualify this plane from your consideration, I just wanted you to be aware of the wing assembly. Do a search here for F 20 and you will find TONS of threads. Good luck.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Yes I am interested in an F-20 pusher and am sure many others will be also- The CBM F-16N is a great flying airplane--- The only problem with the airframe is how easily it dents, and the customer service is the worst imaginable...

I have the 60 sized Cermark F-20 and I love it!

If yours is going to be a fiberglass fuse keep it light obviously, and ditch the working rudder- I would keep it simple (no gear doors..) and it'd be a winner in my eyes!

Keep us posted!
james
Old 04-05-2004, 12:24 AM
Goggles
My Feedback: (4)

Dean > Thanks for your reply, however I think you missunderstand what I ws saying. I was not asking about the DC F-20 (good advice btw) but I was wanting to build a kit that will be for sale to others. I am asking for opinions to what would make a good kit that you guys would like.

Razor > I also like the idea of ditching the Rudder, simpler is better. Gear doors could be attached to the gear so that should be much simpler than others.

Thanks fof the input and I hope to hear form others,

Thanks.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:56 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Just another opinion, you dont see any T38's or F5's out there, and they look COOL But the F20 is neat as well. If you build it they will come.[&:]
Old 04-08-2004, 12:07 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

I was gonna mention the F-5, but I am not picky about the tail cone(s)

I will take one either way!
Old 04-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm an F-20 or F-5 lover from the get-go....however, I would not be interested
in a pusher. []