Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

need help with magnum

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

need help with magnum

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 01:41 AM
roywiglesworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with magnum

anyone out there know where i can get the magnum by weston
i've had 4 on a waiting list from jd enterprises since about dec and all i get is it'll be just a few more weeks anyone else sell these or has he got a monopoly on them i would be gratefull of any help some one could give me.

roy
Old 07-08-2002, 09:08 AM
Rocket
My Feedback: (4)

Default lost hope

call groupner in ft lauderdale, fl. i know he has a few to sell i saw them at the jet rally. johnny hernandez in the "jet section" will have there contact info. RR
Old 07-08-2002, 01:37 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

modelbau USA in fl. hsa them too, might be the same people.
Old 07-08-2002, 06:01 PM
roywiglesworth

Default phone number

anyone got a phone number for these two places i have tried but can't seem to find a number.
roy
Old 07-08-2002, 06:23 PM
miderror

Default contact

http://www.modellbau-usa.com/

Office: 954-476-5572 / Fax: 954-476-5573 741 Shotgun Road Sunrise, FL 33326
Old 07-16-2002, 07:10 PM
azuz

i rather suggest you buy a different Kit as i have this one and u cannot fly this plane with a normal engine the engine that comes with this is west 50 XL which is the recommended one..... if u are willing to invest that kind of money into this kit than its ok . otherwise i honestly recommenddd a DD with a quikee jett
as i have the magnum myself and didnt fly it after the first flight not a good piece of art at all !
highly not recommended .............. no response from the CUSTOMER CARE regarding some complaints..... i would have sold u mine but i am in DUbAI .......

cheers
Old 07-16-2002, 08:27 PM
roywiglesworth

thanks for the reply i just found some last week trying to get it ready for this weekend.we had a club member with one last yr. with the old style engine and it looked pretty awsome.i have a diamond dust now i 've had it for 5 or 6 yrs. its very lite i have a 32 os on it that has a modified piston sleeve combo and a tuned pipe motor is turning about 18,000 but after seeing the magnum
it wasn't any use of me flying at the same time i would guess it is proberly 1/3 faster. and my dd is right at 2 1/2 lbs so its very lite.
hope with the new magnum with the 50 it'll be faster then the one that had the old style motor.

roy
Old 07-17-2002, 12:53 PM
MMallory
My Feedback: (1)

Azuz,

You can fly the Magnum with a sport .40. However, why would you want to? The package engine is priced so low.

Roy,

I couln't tell from your post which plane did you think was faster. My Magnum with the old style engine is similar in speed to my Dust with the fan motor. I'll post here when I fly the new style engine.

Mark M.
Old 07-17-2002, 05:53 PM
roywiglesworth

hi mark
i thought the magnum was a lot faster than my diamond dust
i got the magnum with the new 50 so it should be alot faster
my diamond dust wieghs a lot less by the feel of it but i think the
dd has a lot more drag hopefully the magnum will get it first flight
this weekend.
roy
Old 07-18-2002, 10:15 AM
azuz

hmmmmmm
how about a MVVS q 500 40 ?
would that do ?

I didnt buy the WEST>...... coz we dont have the parts available where i am !
Old 07-18-2002, 10:58 AM
MMallory
My Feedback: (1)

Azuz,

Even with a sport .40, if your local field doesn't have a lot of fast planes you will scare most of the other guys out of the air. The MVVS is a good engine, you should enjoy it.

Roy,

Speed is such a subjective subject and most of the measuring instruments used have accuracy issues. I think both planes are faaaaaaast. Which one is faster will depend on the engine, pilot, prevailing winds, sunspots, etc. etc. All of these planes are a hoot.

Mark M.
Old 07-18-2002, 12:07 PM
roywiglesworth

hey mark
you'r right if your going to messure speed theres you one way to do it thats totaly accurate and thats with a stop watch i have a cheap radar gun but have seen too many false readings.i've had my diamond dust for at least 6 yrs. and it does look a little raty has as much tape as it does monocote. when i got the kit i bought
2 and had the guy build both at the same time .i thought i would save the second for when the other is finally gone but it just seems like it keeps going. the other one does have a mvvs q500 40 on it i have only one flight on it and that one didn't seem any where as fast as the other .i know with out a speed trap its hard to say how much but if you've had hunders of flights on one you get some what of a feel.the only thing i can guess at is the one withe the mvvs feels heavier .i would like to maybe get one of the new whiplashes and put that mvvs on it and see what that does.
roy