Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

What to do with my OS 25 FSR ABC?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

What to do with my OS 25 FSR ABC?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 06:52 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do with my OS 25 FSR ABC?

I'm just getting back into flying after a 15 year break. While I'm building stick time on a more docile plane, I'm starting to think of something faster. As the subject line says, I'm trying to find a plane for an engine I've still got. I'm thinking of something that is jet-like and fast. I've always liked the swept wing look.

I saw the Lanier Shrike 10, and thought that might be a possibility, although the engine is a bit above the recommended size. Also, I was hoping for something a little more realistic, but does not have to be scale. Any suggestions?
Old 06-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: What to do with my OS 25 FSR ABC?

DIAMOND DUST!

The DD isn't blazingly fast with a 25......but it sure is a lot of fun to fly with a 25....especially with a mousse can pipe.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:34 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The .10 size SHRIKE seems to fit your criteria. The center spar is worthless, if the wing is built with spars top and bottom with vertical grain shear webbing between the spars, that will provide 4 times the strength of the single spar. The engine needs to move back as far as you can put it and still have room for everything else. A 300 MAH NIMH battery and the ELECTRON 6 RX will free up lots of space and save weight. A 8-6.5 [or so] prop should be a good starting point for propulsion, and a mousse can pipe will add throttle response and mucho RPM. If you decide to go the DIAMOND DUST route, it would be interesting to see how well a 80% version would do . I built a 90%er for a .32 and it is a great flyer. If you were to go the extra mile and make a cowling for the engine and radio gear, I bet a stock .25 will hit 100mph+
Old 06-21-2004, 08:19 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to both for the recommendations. I'm leaning toward the shrike since looks a bit more like a jet and is less $. Maybe I'll build the DD when I tire of the .45 shoulder wing I'm using to get flying again. Trying to decide before Tower ends their $20 off of a $150 order special this month. Anyone have any other ideas?