Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

.25 OS powered Super Impress

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

.25 OS powered Super Impress

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Downtrodden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .25 OS powered Super Impress

Saturday was the maiden flight of an OS .25 powered Super Impress that I put together two nights previous. After a wee bit of trimming I have to say that this plane is insane! For those of you that are unfamiliar with the Super Impress, it's distributed by Global Wattage and is a 20+ oz. cobalt 400 powered electric job. I upgraded all the servos to full size with the exception being the aileron servo which was swapped for a Hitec HS-81 mg. This plane cooks with a capital C! Nice tight axial rolls and quick to respond. I've found my new love! This plane also wants to pull out of my hand vertically when revved up, so I think I might try a verticle hand launch one of these days. It sure "Impressed" the other guys at the field. Just thought I'd pass my experience along. Have a good one.
XS
Old 07-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Julian537
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: .25 OS powered Super Impress

I put a Norvel .074 with a 6x5prop on my Super Impress. I am going to maiden it this week. I hope it performs well
Old 11-18-2004, 07:56 PM
jjmelton

Default RE: .25 OS powered Super Impress

I was not impressed by the electric version and was going to convert to glow as well. I was thinking of the .15 os. Do you think this would be too little? What prop are you using with the .25? Did you have to add weight to the tail?

thanks