Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Servo for Pylon

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 09:33 AM
nattavoud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo for Pylon

I am going to have new "Predator 500" from Lanier very soon. Does the plane need high touqe servo? Thank you for tips to pylon newcomer.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Zeroman

Default RE: Servo for Pylon

I use Hitecs Hs 225 BB servos.I would say they would be a standard for Quickies.Hitec use to sell a Quickie 500 servo pack, which consisted of the older Hs 205's.The 225's are the new replacements.Regards Chris.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Mike Connor
My Feedback: (5)

I agree the Hitec 225 BB servos work well with a Q-500 plane. If you are going to fly it with a sport engine you could just use a standard servo with out any problems.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:25 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Ditto to above. I have run 225s in all of my Q-500 aircraft for several years now, including the 428 planes (although for 428 I prefer the metal gear version). They work very well. One on each tail surface, one for the ailerons. Pleanty of power for the applications. I usually use a HS-81/85 mini servo for throttle.

The only real need for these smaller servos is to minimize size/weight for racing, to hit that 3.5 lb mark. For sport flying, that plane will fly just fine anywhere up to 4 lbs.

HiTec has a digital servo that is the same case size now too. Cost a bit more, but so far I have been thrilled with them... excellent centering. JR and Futaba also have digital "mid-size" servos as well for the same application.

If you are just flying for sport, and using a sport 40 or 46 engine, you can use good ole standard type servos. Just takes a bit of planning to install them properly.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Randy Etken
My Feedback: (10)

JR 3121 are the best you can buy! The will center better then any other. If you are serious about racing use JR, if just sport flying hitec will work fine.