Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Cermark Javelin II/ST 90 w/ pitts style

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Cermark Javelin II/ST 90 w/ pitts style

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Q-Ball
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cermark Javelin II/ST 90 w/ pitts style

Will the ST 90 with Pitts style muffler fit in the Javelin "without" mods to the front end.With the Pitts,the engine will have to be mounted side ways.Will this work?????
Thanx
Walt
Old 09-08-2004, 10:38 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default RE: Cermark Javelin II/ST 90 w/ pitts style

I dunno-

What you got goin' Walt? A 90 in that ship?

The ideal engine to convert that thing into a 1980's style pattern/rocketship is a YS-60RE or Rossi-60, fully piped

I sure like that Javelin though...
Old 09-09-2004, 07:55 AM
Q-Ball
My Feedback: (1)

At the present,I have two engines that I would trust in a new plane. The Webra 50 and the ST 90 with Pits.Just like everybody else,I want to go bigger if I can without major overhaul.I have a OS 60 SF with Pitts to that I would use if I could trust it,but the low end is messed up and can't get it trustworthy.

I really don't know why I'm serious about the Javelin.I had a MK Skymaster which has the same body style. I've never really cared for the unbalanced look of that chopped off nose,but the one (ARF) on the building site really looks good.Heck,I guess it's the color.LOL. I'm still trying to make a dicision.

My pick is:
Bridi Killer Kaos ($85 kit)
Javelin ($169 ARF)
Facination ($125 ARF)

One of these two engines will be used.
I am concerned with the 90 if there's enough prop clearance to use it.A bigger prop mite be close to the ground.

Catch ya' later
Walt
Old 09-09-2004, 09:37 AM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Javelin with a YS 63FZ in it and it is plenty for that plane, but that is my pattern practice plane. I personally wouldn't use the Javelin as a speed plane....it's built well but light. Mine only goes about 5 1/2 pounds without fuel. Also anythng larger than a 13" prop and you'll have clearence problems without putting longer gear on it.

The Webra 50 would fly it well and more quickly than mine, but I'm running a 13X6 for climb performance. There are a few threads onver in the Pattern forum on the Javelin if you're looking for info it.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:19 AM
SRA Foam Flyer
My Feedback: (11)

My Javelin had problems handling the GMS .47, I definitely wouldn't risk a .90 in it. I had to run bolt on carbon rods along the side of the belly pan to keep the fuse from flexing. Eventually a gap formed, hence the rods. Also I wouldn't trust that little squared dowel to hold the wing, I added 2 round dowels, I could almost pull the wing out of position with only that squared dowel key. I recently got a Hobby Lobby Skylark, seems much more sturdy, I really like it.