Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Neddles settings on West 50 engine?

Old 09-19-2004, 10:53 PM
Isaac F

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Neddles settings on West 50 engine?

Guys, I am on my second MagnumR with West 50 engine. First one got FUBAR[]

Using 10% fuel my main neddle is around 1 turn, the low neddle is around 2 3/4 turns.
The engine is idleling perfect, transition to hi is perfect.................My problem is that when I close the throttle barrel to shut off the engine, is does not want to turn off[&o]

The O ring under the carburator is compresed very tight between the carburator and the engine.
all the head and back cover screws are tight, so I dont know what else to do.

I have 3 other Webras 50GT Speed and I have adjust the low neddle and those engines are performing OK.

My first West 50 engine was adjusted the same way and perfome AWESOME.

One thing that I think is strange is that all my webras 50 low needle was 2 turns set from factory and I just close 1/4 to adjust the transition from low to hi. Do the west 50 low neddles is 3 turns from factory????

Another thing that I found is that the low neddle screw on this second west 50 is very soft to move. I check it and the vibration does not move the set up but could it be possible that the engine is getting air thru that low neddle screw????? I was thinking to take it out and put some teflon tape around the low neddle screw.......... What you think???

This engine is almost NEW. Less than a gallon[X(]

THX,

Isaac
Old 09-20-2004, 01:30 PM
siclick33

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Neddles settings on West 50 engine?

If you haven't seen it already, have a look at this thread

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Magn...2109920/tm.htm

The engine not cutting is normal. I can't help as I've left the low needle at the factory setting and haven't had a chance to play with it much.