Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

need speed help

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 01:22 AM
speedaholic
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default need speed help

I just bought the hanger 9 p-51, and want to make it go fast. i have a world models p-51 with an os 91FX and it does 148mph. I am thinking of getting an os108 for this new project. i want it to beat 148mph. also what about an os 91 ducted fan engine.
Old 08-11-2002, 01:48 AM
RossiRay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jett

Consider a Jett .90,1.0, or 1.20. They can rev, will be easier to install, and parts are just a phone call away. Jett will set you up with the optimum exhaust for your application to provide the proper powerband.

And if you really want to go fast, consider a different, less draggy air frame. The Dago Red from WM is a great plane.

RR
Old 08-11-2002, 01:50 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I 2nd that...

JETT, the VRDF is popular among speed freaks, but you can't beat Dub Jetts' stuff!

james