Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

APC Props?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 03:00 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: APC Props?

Who has he humiliated and who has he alienated? Give some examples. He tells the plain and simple truth about speed and how to go fast. He is straight forward and to the point. Instead of criticizing him, why don't you try leading by example?
Old 10-03-2004, 03:34 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with ya combatpigg...If you are familiar with der steuermann's work, you know he's SERIOUS about all aspects of speed flying! Remember the self designed composite speed plane he's working on, and the fact he makes his own carbon props? What did that thing go, 200+ wasn't it? Close enough anyway...
Hey c-p, how's your Webra .50 project going? I did a little work on the outside of the sleeve of mine, and picked up a couple-three hundred r.p.m. (with very little effort) and while I haven't radared it lately, my Dago Red's noticably faster, and it also sounds stronger. Well worth about half an hours work anyway...
Old 10-03-2004, 04:41 AM
C roundy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Flyboy Dave

....[X(]....at 25 bucks and up....do you think they will sell many to us
"non racing" Sunday pilots....
HHHMMMMMM..., Flyboy Dave Quick reality check.... #1)nobody said anything about racing, all der steuerman did in that post was give us all one hell of a resource when any of us want a prop that can optimize whatever horsepower we chose to muster better than the cheaper composites, (yes even my beloved APC D-1 series) will ever be able to do! #2)I can't even wrap my brain around the fact that this forum is titled "Extreme Speed Prop Planes", and you (AS A MODERATOR) continue to haul off and blurt out things like that. What is most confusing to me is that clearly you care deeply about your modeling brethren, (as evidenced by your obviously HUGE ongoing commitment of time and effort); and yet you blurt this stuff out............

I don't give a damn what anyones background, current level of skill, current level of commitment, or current level of acceleration thru the leaning curve is. All I care about is the brotherhood of flyers; and what it really takes to bring the global community together and learn from each other so that we maximize our collective learning curve across time!

I become less critical of others preferences and more child like as I grow older. I wish the same phenomenon upon you and those you care about. What I'm trying to say is that as a guardian of this forum, I believe you will meet with the most possible success at actually helping people by opening your mind further as you grow older rather than getting even more drastically set in your ways.

I just unloaded on der steuerman as carefully as possible. And right now I have unloaded what I needed to get off my chest with you. I fully expect to have a fair smattering of guys trying to ream me good from one perspective or the other (and probably one or two guys loathing me for having an opinion at all), even though they don't know their own mind.

Regardless of all that, I send you my absolute best regards, Charles Roundy
Old 10-03-2004, 08:37 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gentlemen....

....everyone on these boards (including myself) is entitled to their opinion.
RCU has policies in place that state what type of posts are acceptable.
Flaming another member is not permitted. Chastising another Member
in the open Forum about his opinion is note only RUDE....it simply won't
"fly" on my watch....plain and simple.

Let's continue to enjoy our propellers, and airplanes....shall we?

Flyboy Dave .
Old 10-03-2004, 10:37 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is good site for most of yall to read up a bit on prop design and application specific prop design. Other great stuff too, well written and well formated. And is also a good source for carbon props intended for various applications.....

http://www.supercoolprops.com

I have a few of his props....well made stuff. In fact, I am going to try out his AT-6 prop on a rare bear hopefully within a few weeks. (its a similar airframe, cowl size, engine and estimated flight speed... so interesting to see if it works)

As you will notice, each prop is 'purpose built' for a specific application, flight speed, rpm, etc. just has been discussed to achieve the best possible "extream" performance. In a few cases, the prop is designed around a specific engine/airframe, which is true optimization

Nice guy too.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:24 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for the great link BOB 27s! You're another guy who really makes this forum the wealth of information that it is and I always look forward to reading about your advice.

In one of the HARRY HIGLEY books is a chapter on how to cast your own props. This way I figure it will be possible to satisfy a champagne taste on a beer budget!