Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

enya & prop or Rossi

Old 10-07-2004, 09:53 PM
freebird1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default enya & prop or Rossi

I have an Enya 50 CX. What is the best prop for speed with this engine. I have only owned 1Enya before and it was an 80 on a Raven. I loved the smothness of the engine and it had power too. I was planning on putting the 50 enya on a Lanier Phanton or a Rossi 53. The enya will have a stock muffler or the Rossi with a short or long pipe. Which is the best engine suited for the jet for speed and if the Rossi is the better should I put the long pipe on. I have never seen the two engine in action for their sizes.Sometimes I question, but you guys have not let me down yet. After being put in the light about the RPM and pitch thing I am a true beliver. I was told I was crazy for putting a 9x8 on a Rossi 45, now the un-belivers are beliving after cleaning my nitro off after a race. I know there is alot of whats here.

Thanks!

Freebird
Old 10-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: enya & prop or Rossi

The 9x8 on the Rossi sounds good, may try a 9x9 also

I had the Lanier F-4 with a YS-45 and it flew alright.... for looks it was great but for speed it was so-so. I am not familiar with the Enya-50CX, but the Rossi-53 is a monster! If you go with the Rossi I would use the short pipe because it will not mess up the scale lines of the F-4, the long-pipe is obviously gonna have better performance-

Do you already have both of these or are you engine shopping?
Old 10-08-2004, 06:12 AM
freebird1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have both of the engines.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:41 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

As Razor noted, do not expect a great deal of speed from the F-4. It flys fine, its just not extreamly quick with the gear down, thicker wing, and a lot of frontal area. With that configuration, it takes a great deal of HP increase to equate to a tiny increase in velocity.

Considering you already have the engines......

That Rossi 53 would be a good choice.....but considering the plane... put the Enya in it. Its lighter. The F-4 tends to come out nose heavy.

The Enya will be very happy turing a good ole 10x6 or 9x8. You can put a Jett muffler on the Enya too if you wish. Its not extreamly high timed, but the muffler will give you an extra 700-1000 rpm.

Yes, the Rossi would pull it faster.... but by what.... 2 - 5 mph tops ?

If the Enya is new, get a great deal of bench run time on it. They take a while to come in. Light prop load, and let it turn up a bit while rich (similar to most ABC speed engine break-in).
Old 10-08-2004, 11:33 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Oh yeah, Bob is correct the F-4 ends up nose heavy...

Even with my YS-45SE and Macs full-pipe it never was very fast... My Zen-50 and YS-63FZ (4 cy.) was noticeably faster-

Let us know how the Enya turns!

james
Old 10-11-2004, 07:51 PM
freebird1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks guys! I belive I will save the rossi for later(it is new). I see your points. I belive I will put the Enya on her. All I have is the stock muffler with the enya. I realy bought the Phantom for its scale look(love the jets). I will finish her and give her a flight or two, and if I feel she needs a little more I get an after market muffler.

Tkanks again!
freebird1