Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

K&B 7.5cc DF on Whiplash ?'s

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

K&B 7.5cc DF on Whiplash ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 11:16 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default K&B 7.5cc DF on Whiplash ?'s

I have a K&B 7.5 with what Ithink is the newer carb. It is NOT the version with the cast in cooling heatsinks on the side of the carb. For balance,the motor will be mounted pretty far forward, but still need to gring alot of material out for the carb to clear. If i raise the engine by 1/4" i think it will alleviate much of the clearancing. Will this cause some odd flight problems since the thrust line will now be higher than designed.

Thanks

Jeff
Old 08-13-2002, 01:43 AM
Noflyzone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spacers under 7.5 on Whip

Hi Jeff,

I guess we missed this one today. You can make a pair of maple hardwood blocks 1/4x1/4 sq. and elevate the motor. It will not change the flight characteristics at all. We tried to allow for every type of motor on the Whiplash, but I guess we missed that one. I guess we had a different version of the 7.5 DF. Anyway, try the blocks, they should do the trick.