Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Which OS For My Patriot?

Old 10-17-2004, 09:28 PM
viper21
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Which OS For My Patriot?

I am getting ready to build my new 40 size GP Patriot and I need to decide which OS I want to install in it. The OS 46 AX or the ringed OS 50 SX?
I am running either engine with a Macs pre tuned header and quiet pipe. I am installing the Mechanical retracts that they recommend I bought the Hobicos for the plane and I have a retract servo for the mains and a mini for the nosewheel and steering. The reason I want an OS is because I dont want spend more than 200 dollars because I just want to use the plane as a daily flyer, if I want to go real fast I will fly one of my jet,
Thanks Viper
Old 10-18-2004, 09:29 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Which OS For My Patriot?

If you either own or are choosing between the two engines, go with the OS50. It respond much better to a pipe than the AX does. The 50 is a very good engine.

just for info....every so often you can pick up a Jett .46 off of the Hangar Sale clearence list for somewhere around $215. Comes with the tuned muffler... full warranty. No tuning....just break it in a bit, put a 9x8 up front, and enjoy the Patriot. You can request the current list off of the website. List changes about daily.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:59 PM
viper21

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

THanks Bob, I already have the Macs pre tuned header and pipe for the OS 46-50 so I want to choose between the two. I was leaning towards the 50SX even though its ringed if you say its tuned better for a pipe I will give it a try. I have several OS engines both 4 and 2 stokes and each one has run excellently after a short break in they run great, I just didn't want to spend a ton of money on an engine that will go into a daily flyer. Well as miuch as I can get to the field[X(] And thanks again Bob I Plan to have a ball with my Patriot.
Viper
Old 10-18-2004, 07:31 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a Patriot with an OS-50SX and Tower muffler, I run a modified 10x8 (more like 9.8x8 just a tad-) and it flies great!

It far outperforms my 2 46FX's dunno about the AX- My Jett-50 is obviously much better but...

Go with the SX and with your pipe-header I am sure you will have a great flying Pat!

James
Old 10-18-2004, 08:27 PM
viper21

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Much James, I am going with the 50 SX and my pre tuned pipe and header so I am sure I am going to be happy with it.
Viper