Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Muffler for Jett 50 FIRE on Diamond Dust

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Muffler for Jett 50 FIRE on Diamond Dust

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 07:51 PM
jprge C.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler for Jett 50 FIRE on Diamond Dust

Hello,
Does anyone know if there is anything other than a tuned pipe you can use on a Jett 50 FIRE?? I emailed them twice with no responce. I was looking for something shorter to use in my Diamond Dust.

Jorge
Old 11-05-2004, 09:59 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Muffler for Jett 50 FIRE on Diamond Dust

Jorge,

What email address have you been sending to?? The only active addresses to reach Dub are [email protected] or [email protected] . Or you can reach me at [email protected] . We usually respond to emails within a day (or 2 at most if its a weekend).

Jett rear exhaust system options can be found here. Prices on request. http://www.jettengineering.com/engines/pipes.html

Many of the diamond dust pilots use a tuned pipe setup on the FIRE-50. There are examples and photos here in this forum. The big pipe has the advantage in that it can be tuned best for the application and the engine set for higher rpm using 9" props and 8.75" racing props. Nice thing on the Diamond Dust installation, is you can utilize the straight, welded pipe assembly. No coupler to worry about. The complete tuned, welded and modified pipe assembly is about $75 (have to confirm the exact price depending on whether its a quiet pipe or standard pipe)

The other option Jett offers is the Mini-muffler. Partial image of this on that FIRE options pages. This is basically the same tuned muffler as the Jett-Stream, configured for rear exhaust use. Installs on the O-Ring header adapter. It provides good performance, but you have to select the prop to match this muffler. Dub will provide a list of suggested props. It has to be supported on the aft end similar to the pipe. The mini-muffler is roughly $50 (again, you would need to confirm).

If you already own the FIRE-50, you would want to utilize either the pipe or mini-muffler. The only issue I see with the mini muffler in a diamond dust application, is you will have to support the aft end of this muffler..... and the support might end up having to be located where the tank is. Not sure.

If you do not own an engine yet, and wish a simple engine and muffler installation, I would suggest purchasing a side exhaust SJ-50 engine. Many pilots fly the DD with the side exhaust. I have not heard many complains

Performance wise, the side exhaust is the same as the FIRE (if you use a minimuffler on the FIRE). You will find a number of SJ-46 and SJ-50 powered dusts in the archives here as well. Example attached.

Any questions, please feel free to email or PM. I also host the Jett product support forum in the Engines section.

Bob Brassell
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32627.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	190101