Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

What is a good plugg for GRRT?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

What is a good plugg for GRRT?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 02:34 AM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a good plugg for GRRT?

I was reading a thread and seen about speacial plugs for GRRT. My question is what is a good plug to run with it?

I have the one it came with but dont think it will last to long after i break it in. So what is a good plug to run with it?
Old 08-17-2002, 02:32 AM
FlooredCOBRA

anyone?
Old 08-17-2002, 04:32 AM
TT2
My Feedback: (13)

What kind of plug came with the engine? Not that that's a good indication...I've had some cold Rossi plugs included in the 'package' that weren't even close to what was needed. Believe it or not, I've had great results (or is it luck?) with el-cheapo Thunderbolt Performance #3 plugs in high-nitro, high-rpm applications (on and off-road 1/8 scale cars) freakin' high-buck engines. They consistently bested OS #8s, #3s, and MC-59s in performance and reliability. Diamonds in the rough for sure...but I guess it depends on who you ask...and who there sponsors are

-Tom
Old 08-17-2002, 06:00 AM
FlooredCOBRA

honestly i have no clue what came in it. The directions came in Czech so i have no clue what it said in there. Also the plug was already in the engine. I really cant tell what kind it is.
Old 08-17-2002, 06:01 AM
AndySteere
My Feedback: (2)

Mc-Coy MC-9 (also sold by H9) has worked the best for me by far. Use FAI 0%-nitro if you can... it hates nitro. Otherwise, you may need to shim the head a bit to keep from burning those expensive plugs too quickly.

My engine seems perfectly happy running Wildcat "Jet-A" (5% nitro, 23% oil, designed for the ducted-fan crowd and the RPM's we're turning), but my friend Carl's is burning up plugs too fast. His engine is newer, has the newer style pipe, and seems a bit less happy with nitro than my engine. We have some head shims to install on his (got them from Morris Hobbies), but haven't done it yet.
Old 08-17-2002, 04:52 PM
FlooredCOBRA

looks like I am going to have to change fuel types now then. I always used 15% Omega and have been using that for years. Pretty much since i started flying way back. I'll check out the other fuels when i hit the hobby shop and see what all they have.
Old 08-19-2002, 01:49 PM
MMallory
My Feedback: (1)

Try a K&B 1-L. The manual for the engine calls for a cold plug. However, I haven't run this one yet to tell you 1st hand.

Mark M.