Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

'One-design' racing anyone?

Old 08-17-2002, 05:00 AM
TT2
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 'One-design' racing anyone?

OK we (the participants of this forum) have done our best to establish the fact that we're into SPEED. We've all heard the tales of who's got the fastest DD or Lash (clocked by their buddy the cop), but where do the bragging rights really start?

I propose that a one (OK, two) design racing circuit be started. Classifications as follows:

ES1: Stock Diamond Dust (dimensionally stock planform and airfoils...no thinning!).

ES1a: Engines to be of maximum 0.46 cu. in. displacement. Side exhaust only, pipes allowed.
ES1b: Engines to be of maximum 0.60 cu. in. displacement. No restrictions on intake or exhaust configuration.
ES1x: Anything goes...within AMA guidelines of course.

ES2-ES2x: Whiplash: Similar

ES3-ES3x: (The next thing that I come up with that will sell for $185, and smoke all of the above with a piped OS 32) Bwahahaha

Waddaya think? Our field is the BEST FIELD in the mid US for flying combat or pylon...bar none. Oh yeah...just like in combat, we play for money folks!

-Tom