Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

First Whiplash flight in the USVI

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

First Whiplash flight in the USVI

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 04:18 PM
BigD
My Feedback: (179)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Whiplash flight in the USVI

After running out of excuses I finally got up the nerve to fly this baby!....Awesome... the first launch resulted in a stall and a dive into one of the parked cars....after replacing the prop we then had 3 very successful and scary flights with 100+ speeds using a Magnum .46 still running rich!....the field here has very little grass but the landings didn't do much damage to the underside....this plane is a lotta fun....when I get used to it I guess I can mount the Jett50....but right now it's plenty fast enough!!...

Thanks Bagostix for a real showstopper...see attached pic...

Btw, this thing doesn't need much in the way of control surface throw....very responsive!.....highly recommended for lotsa fun!
Old 08-18-2002, 07:27 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

i wouldnt use...
"ABLE TO SMASH INTO PARKED CAS AND FLY AGAIN!!" as a selling slogan
thats if the pilot is still able to fly after the car owner has finished with him lol
serious point tho... why where the cars anywhere near the flight line or flight path??
Old 08-18-2002, 08:43 PM
BigD

Default Cars in the flightline...

:stupid:

This is the Virgin Islands, where we are flying off a cricket pitch...sometimes while they are preparing the wickets in preparation for play....people have a tendency to park cars wherever they feel like it....and stupid me, I thought the plane was going to fly right out of my hand on the first try....guess again.....anyway, I put some distance between me and the cars and with a little ooomph, we were airborne. As for the whiplash...get one....hard to have more fun and excitement for less moolah...BigD
Old 08-19-2002, 01:08 AM
ZERODOWN
My Feedback: (4)

Did you have a good balance. On mine if it was too nose heavy it did not want to fly. I'm flying with a ducted fan 46 and its a bullet.
I do have the cg right now. I think I have logged about 25 flights with no problems.
Old 08-19-2002, 01:56 AM
BigD

Default Whiplash balance

It was right on....just needed to give it a little boost....keep in mind the engine was running rich (still new) and it isn't making full power yet...once the plane was airborne it was very stable and predictable...albeit fast....for me anyway.....visibility I think can be an issue unless you've got really good eyes and good markings....will make some more improvements on the markings...
Old 08-19-2002, 08:06 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

I got a Dust and MVVS 40 given to me when i brought a Shrike and Magnum 15 for £40, hard to get OOOMPH cheaper than that.