Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Models by Mike : New EXTREME Speed Planes soon to be released!!!

Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Models by Mike : New EXTREME Speed Planes soon to be released!!!

Old 12-05-2004, 05:52 PM
MadMike-Heli

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Models by Mike : New EXTREME Speed Planes soon to be released!!!

I have a series of aircraft I'm going to release this upcoming spring. Its going to hit the r/c extreme speed forums by storm. I've just finished the design phase and now I need to find a way to cut the kits / package them for resale. This plane will make the patriot like like dirt, lol... Its a cross between a BVM Super Balsa Bandit and a Patriot. Very newage, and very sleek / fast , I would expect this jet to be an excellent stepup to turbines. This jet promotes the use of retracts and is sport model, no scale fighter cockpits here... lol!!! - This machine will be released around the sport jet 50 size engine platform, but one can utilize the os 46 fx and stick obtain excellent performance. I'm looking to check the interest level, this kit has taken me a long time to put together, and I'd expect it to be around the 250$ US mark + / - some change. I'm looking to have a list for this machine. I'll have some prelimary sketches hopefully soon. I'm trying to figure out cost effective ways of mass producing this kit. Also, I will be kitting a .25 size, as well as a .91 size. This machine is called El Torpedo, and you can easily expect speeds of 100 mph with an os 46 fx. Anyhow, lets see what the interest level is. This machine is a beauty and its about time something of this caliber comes to the extreme speed forum...

Models by Mike
MadMike-Heli
Old 12-05-2004, 09:38 PM
MustangAce
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Models by Mike : New EXTREME Speed Planes soon to be released!!!

Dimensions of the Jett 50 size plane?
Old 12-06-2004, 03:01 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yup- Lets hear the dimensions... I would need to see the airplane before I would want on a list--- Sketches only? Can we see them?

Regards,
James
Old 12-06-2004, 09:07 AM
Cyclic Hardover

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well I hope you have some "unique" payment plan. There have been too many "start up's" come through here, send in their money for a plane and get nothing or it takes weeks and weeks for delivery. If that is not the case then we get nothing at all and countless Rc'ers are out a lot of money. This is the way it is. Customer Service is number one.
If you have been on this forum for any length of time , you will notice that its members have the numbers to bring down a product or service that is below par. Good luck.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:57 AM
MadMike-Heli

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This is all excellent feedback, I want to supply an excellent product, adn I do not want anyone's money until I have the kits boxed and ready to go out the door. I was simply looking for an interest level in this product line. The dimensions now are in metric but for the 40 size aircraft the length of the fuselage is 1264mm and the wingspan is 1199 mm so roughly 47" wingspan with a fuselage length of 49.7" or 50".... The wing is very similar to an f18 how it slopes back on one angle towards the front of the fuselage , than changes to a wing similar to a bandit. VERY nice design. The fuselage is round, the entire length to the back of the aircraft. No cockpit, just a torpedo with wings... Hence El Torpedo as the kit... I have the drawings done for the 40 and 25 size. I just need to source a kit cutter as well as good builiding materials. I may reinforce the fuse and wing with carbon fiber. I haven't decided as of yet. The wing will be built seperately and will require a winglock mechanism with spars which must be joined.

All input is welcome, I appreciate the input on people becoming burned, but I will not take a dime until pictures of the kits ready to ship are available. Rest assured. Please if anyone can point me in the direction to get kits cut with quality and finesse please - do tell...

MadMike-Heli
Old 12-06-2004, 05:19 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ALL of your prints/plans should be in CAD, you should have IGES, DXF,DWG formats of output so a laser cutting outfit can take your files cut a few kits and then you biuld the kit, if parts dont fit right then change the CAD and recut till it is right. Next you have several friends out the to build the "beta" kit before production. A lot of the kits and arfs that have been made have flaws in the 1st production run. Look at the direction manual from the SIG Wonder... Step by step and lots of photos...

It is a lot of work but a bad reputation is hard to overcome

good luck, bob
Old 12-06-2004, 09:52 PM
MustangAce

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A Bandit is really more like an F-20 or F-5. I am a little biased. Just my 2c
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41184.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	200168  
Old 12-08-2004, 05:02 AM
Methanolover

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here is another interested addict who would like to see it[>:] !
Old 12-08-2004, 08:26 PM
MadMike-Heli

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ok guys, I have the wrl files, I transferred to dxf files - now I have to work on the formers as well as the spars / ribs. Not a lot of work, just going to be a week and a half before I get to it, In the mean time, I need someone to point me in the direction to cut kits in Canada. All comments welcome. I'm aiming to have these kits in people's hands by April, but I'll need some assistance finding services from people and certain help which I'll ask from time to time in this forum from people. I'll get a picture or two for you guys inside a week....

Madmike-heli
Old 12-08-2004, 11:34 PM
RossiRay

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Designed, but not yet built or flown? CAD does ensure fitment, but not performance in flight. Maybe you should proto this thing before cutting a bunch of kits. Even the brightest minds miss something.

It is very rare that version 1.0 of anything is ready to market.

Good luck,
RR
Old 12-09-2004, 08:33 AM
Bob.R
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mike,

RossiRay makes a good point. It is very rare that something jumps off the drawing board, I mean out of the computer, without the need for at least a little tweaking, sometimes a major redesign. Looking forward to seeing sketches/drawings. Good luck with the project.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:46 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I will back up the above posts.....

Infact I will go as far to say that producing a "speed" type aircraft (in particular) without substantial structural and flying qualities testing is foolish.... perhaps reckless. Im sure you have a good design in the works, but there is no subsitute for testing when it comes to wringing out the little bugs.

I applaud your efforts to design a new aircraft, and I personally know the effort involved. I have designed a number of racing, pattern, scale and sport aircraft. However you may want to relax that "delivery" date until you fly the hell out of a prototype, and then build and evaluate at least 4 or 5 of the production kit versions.

As to your question of kit cutting, get a hold of Alex at AK Models. Excellent work...good pricing. He is in the US, but maybe you can work out affordable terms.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:26 PM
MadMike-Heli

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Good items to bring up guys. I'm going to start on the prototype over Christmas. I'm summing up two planes now that have been on the bench over 2 months, after I return from my extended work trip. After they are done, I have a clean slate... I'm going to take pictures each step along the way so you guys can see the progress. Probably will make for a great instruction manual as well. Also, I can get feedback from all you guru's on how to make this thing better so we have a product everyone is happy with. I'm sure all will be VERY impressed. Heck it impressed the hell outta me when I even designed it. I was like holy fr!g....

Anyhow guys, I know your all dying to know what this thing looks like. I've just been flat out mad with work, it should calm down some as of next Tuesday. Thats when I'm hoping to get a pic or two online...

TTYL

MadMike-Heli
Old 12-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Rudeboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bob27s

I will back up the above posts.....

Infact I will go as far to say that producing a "speed" type aircraft (in particular) without substantial structural and flying qualities testing is foolish.... perhaps reckless. Im sure you have a good design in the works, but there is no subsitute for testing when it comes to wringing out the little bugs.

I second this...

Putting a real speed design together right off the screen (or any plane for that matter) is really hard.

How many planes have you built than didn't need refinements?

Show us some pics, so we can tell you where to go...