Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

1/4 chimpmunk

Old 12-29-2004, 01:05 AM
freebird1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 1/4 chimpmunk

Hi all

I recently acquired a damaged ΒΌ chipmunk. The damage was very minimal (landing gear). The guy I got the plane from gave $1,250.00 for it. He left the wing servos (Hi-tech 422) and striped the rest. I gave him $65 for it (yea). I saw it fly and it flew great. On his 3rd flight he inverted it and lost control and chopped the throttle. A real no no with the chipmunks. These plane from what I have seen love speed and so do I. I would love to make this a real speedster ΒΌ plane, but do not wish to sink a lot of $ in it before I learn the flying habits of her. I was looking at the Super Tigre 2300 for an engine. It is cheep, well not cheep but cheeper, and I can always put it on a shelf for later. Then I will use a Jett for speed.[>:] The Super Tigre 2300 calls for an 18x6 to an 18x10 prop. This seems a little big to me. What is a good all around prop, and has anyone used the Super Tigre 2300. I have been told everthing from 15x? to 20x?. I am new to the 1/4 scale. I need a prop for some simple flying till I learn her THEN some MPH.

Thanks

Freebird
Old 12-30-2004, 12:51 AM
freebird1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 1/4 chimpmunk

Anyone want to guess.