Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

patriot XL wing joiner,how to?

Old 01-05-2005, 10:04 PM
RVBlack
My Feedback: (27)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default patriot XL wing joiner,how to?

I know this might sound dumb, but I'm lost. I have the joiners glued together the right way, and I had to do alittle sanding to make them fit each wing half, I have the bottem of the V-shape of the joiner to the bottem of the wing ( the retract side ) but when I try to test fit both wings together it don't want to go. I don't want to do any more sanding untill I know I'm doing the right thing. Its got to be easy, I'm just missing it. Somebody show me please.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:33 PM
dadamisin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: patriot XL wing joiner,how to?

I recently finished a Patriot XL - went together great, I do not recall any issue with the wing joiner. Assuming that you are still having trouble, can you elaborate on what you mean when you say the "it won't go"?

* Will the joiner fit in either wing panel?
* Is the joiner going in at least 1/2 way on each side or is it forcing the wing to not come together at the center ribs?
* is there a nob of excess glue at one of the intersections of the ribs, spars or spar web that prevents the joiner from going in? If so you might be able to gently radius the top and bottom edges of the joiner so it misses the glue blobs and nestles between the spars and against the spar web.

GODD LUCK, and perservere. I have flown my XL and it is great!

Dennis Adamisin
Ft Wayne IN
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49316.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	221095