Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

scratch built f86

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 03:38 PM
bearsa26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scratch built f86

i've finished building my own design f86 with following spec 35" span 260 sq in wing 3/8"thk wt 44oz i think as i weighed it awhile back engine is asp36 with tuned pipe and 9 X 8 apc prop turning 14,5k on the ground i set the pipe to turn 8 X 8 apc prop at 16k on the ground. my question is on hand launch at full throttle the plane torque rolls left violently and needs quick thumbs to correct i have only had someone else hand launch for me, does it make any difference if i launch at say 1/2 throttle i will try and post picture later. plane sue flies fast. i think i may be able to launch vertically so roll won't matter but i would like opinions on this. glides well and lands easy
Old 01-12-2005, 08:29 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: scratch built f86

Hold the plane with a right bank and release it that way. A good hard, NOSE LEVEL throw takes away some of the early launch squirrellyness. A pull to the left on launch is a good indication that you're flying a pretty hot plane[8D]!