Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Great Planes Tomcat

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Great Planes Tomcat

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 10:08 PM
TomcatDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Tomcat

G'day all,
I Have just laid claim to a Great Planes Tomcat, and it was crashed on it's maiden, the builder and pilot forgot to glue the aileron hinges in [], expensive lesson learned, anyway I managed to pick up the remains, which are surprisingly intact , enough so I can get all the formers out of it and most of the fuse sides, I managed to get off him the top view of the plan and the wing plans, but not a side one, would anyone happen to have a set of plans i could get a copy off? or just the fin and tailplanes?, I can provide pics for proof that I have the model.

Another question, I am going to build one these and I have been studying the plans, and putting the wing on the broken fuse, and I am considering building it so the wing sits 1/2 a former distance further back than stock, I know the AK models SU-27, has its wing a fair way back, and hoping I could do the same for the tomcat,..but was hoping that I could get some input, for the new CG position..

Thanks
Jeremy
Old 01-25-2005, 10:47 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: Great Planes Tomcat

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you there Im sure someone out here has a set of plans laying around.

As far as the CG goes, I do not recall the GP F-14 having an CG issues. Last one I test flew for someone had a ST75 up front, and seemed to balance just by locating the equipement in the right place.

If you are going for a more scale look.... probably ok...... just be prepaired to move some equipment aft to compensate for the longer nose.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:02 PM
TomcatDriver

Just a re post to see if anyone has a set of plans i could Please get a copy of??

Thanks

Jeremy
Old 01-27-2005, 08:14 PM
dragonhaven2001

Did this plane take the place of the patriot? I can't seem to find the Patriot on TowerHobbies and saw this. Too bad, I'm building it now and it's a great plane.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:39 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

The F-14 tomcat was a GP kit for a while - it was discontinued a few years back.
http://www.greatplanes.com/discontinued/gpma0435.html

Patriot is still available from what I an see......
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJ586&P=7

They would be foolish to discontinue this one again......... its a real nice kit, and a good flying plane.

The plans are still available for the F-14 from greatplanes/tower if all else fails..... and you can download the assembly manual

Bob
Old 01-28-2005, 06:56 PM
TomcatDriver

I have the manual,.. but the builder cut the plans up and all I have are the top view and the wing plan,.. I'm just after thre missing pieces so to speak,..

Jeremy