Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Shrike 10

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 03:57 PM
Joe Trinkley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shrike 10

To really get the most out of this plane on a budget I'm going to put the 32sx os motor on the front of it. Is there a better motor for this plane that is 150 or below and will fly just as fast. And what kind of speed am I going to be looking at with this combo?
Old 09-06-2002, 04:56 PM
ckoerner
My Feedback: (2)

Default Shrike 10

Joe,
Make sure you beef up the wing a little. I lost the wing off my first one w/OS32SX. During a high speed roll, the wing ripped right off. I also moved the firewall back just over a 1/4". Otherwise you have to lengthen the nose. Helps w/CG also. Set up dual rates. It takes full elevator to land. Mine will take off at 1/2 throttle with no problem. Very fast. I am guessing anywhere from 120mph-145mph. I don't know, never had a radar gun on it.
I used a Hitec 555 receivers and Hitec 225 servos to get the weight down.
Mods I did to mine
#1 Beefed up the wing.
#2 Fully sheeted the wing.
#3 Back by the fins I used solid balsa inside the open area. I first framed it and then used the solid balsa in between(5/16 I believe).
#4 Moved the firewall back.
#5 600maH battery all the way in the back.
#6 Tuned pipe!!
#7 I angled my fins in instead of out. ( Preference only )

I also have one with a OS .25FP. It doesn't even come close to the one with the 32. The one with the .32 at half throttle is faster then the one with the .25. I am thinking of putting a .25fx and tuned pipe on that one.

Good luck! You will love it!
Old 09-07-2002, 01:08 PM
Hammbone2

Default Shrike 10

Hello;
I placed a Webra .32 and pipe in the nose of a .10 shrike, I doubled the wing spar,used spruce, Installed a spar top and bottom in the wing where the wing sheeting ends. that will beef the wing enough, Cut your ailerons down leave at least 3 " at the tip before starting the aileron. Lay the sevos in the wing on there side. dont use the tourqe rods,they arnt strong enough to go fast.make servo hatches and mount the servo's on the hatches Remember to cut down the size of the ailerons,,Going fast you dont need much ,about 6 or 7 " is enough for that plane. I planked the tail solid and pinned the rudders in place using dowels. Moving the engine firewall back a 1/2 inch helps the ballance. Find the old style Sig Alu bar stock engine mounts (short ones) ,place the fuel tank cap through the firewall ,Seal your control surfaces,,,,,,,,,Happy landings