Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Building Laser Arrow

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Building Laser Arrow

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 05:34 PM
Benjo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building Laser Arrow

Hi.
I'm currently building an Arrow. I haven't yet bought an engine for it. Honestly I'm not sure what to purchase. This will be my first model of this kind, but I'm used to speed.. I would like an engine that will pull the Arrow to speeds around 150mph. Still I want to keep it light so I don’t spoil the low speed characteristics.
I was first planning to put a Webra 50 on it, its light but I’m suspecting that it will not deliver sufficient speed.. Do you have any suggestions?

//Benjo
Old 09-16-2002, 01:06 AM
Rickster-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default arrow laser

Benjo, I currently own and fly a laser arrow which is powered by a thunder tiger pro 46. It has been clocked by a police officer in our club at 113 mph and since then I have replaced the Master Airscrew prop with a APC which seems to have helped. I understand you are looking for more speed than this but perhaps this will at least give you a point of referrence. A Webra 50 should give you the performance you are looking for. This is a great flying plane. Have fun and be careful !