Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Laser arrow delta need help

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Laser arrow delta need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 01:27 AM
JeremyNzl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laser arrow delta need help

Hi all,

I just purchased a 2nd hand laser arrow, and am unsure where the C.G line should be, Also I wish to fit a rossi .45 to it which presents 2 problems.
1st, is the previous owner had a os 61 on it which means the ply mount hole for the motor is too large for the rossi.
2nd . is the rossi pipe fouls the leading edge,

will this solution work,??

I want to glue and screw a new piece of ply on top of the current one which will lift the motor approx 4-5milimeters and allow me to cut the new
mount to fit the rossi. Will lifting the motor affect flight in any way,

Also is there a downloadable manual or setup instuctions for this plane, ie, throws cg ect..

Any help most welcomed

Jeremy

New Zealand
Old 03-07-2005, 09:33 AM
VoodooRay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Laser arrow delta need help

CoG (according to instructions) is 56mm from the front of the central Hand grip on the underneath of the model.

Also, I suffered from a similar problem with the pipe, but with a rear exhaust .61 engine. I basically did exactly as you propose and haven't suffered any problems. After all, it's not an F3A aerobat, so changing the thrust line by a few mil is not going to be the end of the world...

Have fun.