Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Value Of This Patriot

Old 10-01-2002, 03:07 PM
EANDER6655
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Value Of This Patriot

I just bought a patriot arf ready to fly of Ebay. The plane has an os 46 sf w/ macs tune pipe,spring air retracts, jr/hitec servos, older jr reciever, good batteries, older jr max transmiter. The guy described the plane as an 8 out of a 10 due to wing scuffs on tail and wings. With that rating I used buy it now and paid 395.00. After reciving plane I was a little dissapointed. It looked more like a 4 out of 10 The airframe is solid, but not very pretty in apperance. All the stickers were bubling up, ugly repairs had been done to the arileron servo mount. the covering on the wings is very faded. The motor has fuel burn marks all over it. the tuned pipe is in good shape. The plane looks like it was never even cleaned from the last time it flew. The retracts work good, have not yet run the engine so not sure how it runs. i emailed him about all this and he said thoght this was a fair price. He told me all of the componets were installed new on this plane. He said if I did not like it i could return it. Just wondering what yall think the appropriate price for this plane would be? This is the link to the plane on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...769133855&rd=1
Old 10-01-2002, 03:36 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (84)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Buyer Beware

Sorry to hear that your plane is less than what you expected. The pictures did not look too bad. If you think that you overpaid you can try and negotiate with the seller and if that is not working I believe ebay has a mediation option. Hope you come out OK. Pete
Old 10-01-2002, 11:04 PM
BruceDana

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry to hear you were dissapointed, but Caveat Emptor (buyer beware).

Unfortunately, when you bid (and win) you have entered a contract to purchase, and there is not much you can do now (offer, acceptance, exchange of consideration).

However, if the the seller misrepresented the product (4 -vs- 8 out of 10 is subjective, so nowhere to go here) and said something of substance was included when it indeed was not, or the merchandise was damaged, or in a different condition (and he did not disclose when asked = fraud in the inducement), then you may have a case for something. However, sales law assumes transactions are at "fair market price" barring any flaw mentioned above. Dissatisfaction, or dissapointment alone does not give you any rights under the law or grounds for challenging the transaction.

Perhaps next time ask for lots of pictures and ask objective, specific questions about the condition of the merchandise.

I know this doesn't help much, but good luck next time
Old 10-05-2002, 01:11 AM
tbone4343
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 40sf with pipe

sf 40 ringed or non ringed with that pipe plus a clean flying plane puts a smile on any bodys face ,strip plane down ,seal up a little and recover , dont forget to pin hinges in balancve a little nose heavy to start and your in for some heart throbing fun .
Old 10-05-2002, 01:58 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Hmm..

Well, From what I have seen a complete Patriot (ARF or Kit) but plane only seems to get $200+ every time on e-bay. Add the Sf and Pipe, Springairs,TX, servos etc. I would say that is not a bad deal.

It just depends on what you are looking for. That whole "its' an 8 out of 10" is a relative classification. What I think is an "8", may not be what you would think, or vice versa...

Anytime something is out of production like that the bidding gets high! I got a beat up Patriot ARF in a trade worth about ($150) and I love that thing!

Glass the wing center/joint, watch out for curbs and have fun!!

james
Old 10-11-2002, 11:44 PM
qsdriver

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sounds like most of the problems are cosmetic. If everything is functioning well -then your in good shape. If the airplane is not in the shape the seller described then ask for a few bucks back, especially since hes willing to take the whole thing back. $300.00 max on that based on pictures and what you indicated!!!!