Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Outlaw Flyers

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 02:29 AM
DoubleD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlaw Flyers

I purchased two Outlaw kits (One short-One long) this weekend. My only experience with a delta is a 28" Coroplast home made job with an OS 25 FX and 9x4 APC prop. It's about 80 or so miles per hour.

Having been bitten by the DeltaBug I thought I'd try something maybe a little snappier. Profile planes flutter at speeds greater than 80 or so!

What I intended is to use Hitec 225MG servo's for the Elevons with a HS85MG on the rudder and an 81MG (in stock) on the throttle. Planning to use a 6V pack for increased torque.

This afternoon I picked up a Webra Speed 32 to mount to the firewall and will bolt on a header and pipe.

1) What kind of speed can I expect with the Webra?
2) Are the 225's enough or overkill?
3) After viewing the plans and instructions I am considering internal or hidden elevon and rudder control. What about it? Is it worth the trouble?

Any tips on building, lightening or flying will be rewarded by a date with my fat, snaggle toothed, highly available sister!

Thanks-
DoubleD
Alias: Profile Brother #4
Old 09-30-2002, 01:32 AM
WRXlovr

Default Outlaw Flyers

diamond dust 200+mph get em at www.morrishobbies.com
Old 09-30-2002, 01:53 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default WOW WRXlover!

What engine/prop do you run on YOUR Diamond Dust to get 200mph+??
Old 10-02-2002, 03:14 PM
ishu4u
My Feedback: (9)

Default Outlaw Flyers

jerry said use bb high torque servos on the surfaces or pay the price with stripped gears.. and insert the engine bearers that are triangle shaped as you glue up the oval firewall. otherwise the side parts are hard to get in later on.. have fun.