Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Attention All Whiplash X Owners

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Attention All Whiplash X Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 11:33 PM
BAGOSTIX
My Feedback: (178)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention All Whiplash X Owners

If you are ordering a Whiplash X or have one already, you will see that it does not come with push rods and horns.

It also asks that you put hinge gap sealing tape on the hinge line of the control surface.

First of all, the original hardware kit included rods and horns rated for 35-40 size engines, some people where dropping Jett 50s and K&B 7.5s on their planes and still used the hardware provided in the kit, this was a no no, so for safety sake, we have excluded the control horns and made recommendations on what to use.

The reasoning for adding the sealing tape to the hinge line is not to insinuate that the hinge is inadequate.
We have loosened up the control surfaces by slotting the hinge line.

This does not weaken the hinge, the hinge is a strip of Kevlar running nearly the entire length of the control surface and is brutally strong and will never detach, but we want to keep any air from going into the slot we cut on the hinge line.

You will also see that there has been an increase in the price for the Whiplash, there are 2 fundamental reasons for this increase,
1. The airframe has been made much stronger than its predecessor and has more composites than before.
2. The original price was an introductory price.

Anyone that owns a Whiplash or Whiplash X will attest that this plane is worth every dime of the current price in WOW factor alone.

We appreciate your business and we hope all of you enjoy your Whiplash X, please contact us by e mail or phone with any questions or comments.

Thanks Rick B. ACM
Old 10-03-2002, 07:26 PM
roywiglesworth

got mine about 2 weeks ago. it came with robart horns
are these strong enough i've used these in about 85% of all my planes from small to 1/3 scale never had one fail should i use something else. it will have a jett race fire motor on it. if not
have you got a recomendation?
roy
Old 10-03-2002, 08:45 PM
BigD
My Feedback: (179)

Default Whiplash control horns

I used Nelson Hobbies horns on both my whiplashes with great results. And YESSSSS, this is the best WOW for the money that I have had in this hobby in a long, long time....!....Don
Old 10-04-2002, 02:07 AM
flyboy_1963

Default Damaged X????

I got my Whiplash X today and noticed a couple of cracks. I looked for the digital camera, put the wife put it away and I can't find it. I'll try and explain where they are.

1. On the bottom of the plane, left side of the hump, right in the crease. It's about two inch's long. I looked from the top on the inside and can't see any problems or feel any weakness. My thought was it's only the covering.

2. On the bottom, right behind where the engine mount ends, on both sides there was a gap and the covering cracked and I was able to remove approximately a dime size of covering on both sides. This doesn't seem to be a problem either, my first thought was poor construction or design. If it looks like there is no structural problem with this area, then I just fill the area then sand before painting.

Let me know if you need to see pictures or want it returned.

Thanks, Jeff
Old 10-06-2002, 10:35 PM
AtomicFrawg
My Feedback: (8)

Jeff
It would be best to call rick at the shop on monday. If you still have questions. I belive Rick and Dan are still with out power due to the Hurricane we just had.

Thanks
Chris :drowning:
Old 10-06-2002, 11:30 PM
BAGOSTIX
My Feedback: (178)

Default cracks

The areas that have the problems are not affected structurally, it is only a problem with the epoxy resin for some reason or another, you can definately fill and paint those areas, but if it is a problem, please return it for a replacement... but if you are willing to fill it, use a light bondo or epoxy/micro balloon combo, that will work fine.. call if you need to discuss this in detail..

thanks