Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Kick the tires and Light the fires...

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Kick the tires and Light the fires...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 09:06 PM
ifixairplanes
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kick the tires and Light the fires...

Hi all,

So I just order a shrike .10-.20 off of tower. I have a nice .32sxh in a crashed heli that wants a home. I see people are using .32's in this plane. Where is a good place to find a pipe for this engine?

I feel the need for speed My cap 580 dosn't go very fast, hopefully the shrike will satisfy the need....

Sean
Old 05-29-2005, 10:01 PM
magnumeng
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kick the tires and Light the fires...

The helo 32 might be a little on the heavy side for the shrike 10. I know some people are putting in the Jett 30 series in them. Radio gear placement would be the key tkeeping it balanced and the weigt down...
Old 05-30-2005, 07:41 AM
ifixairplanes
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I the engine ends up being too big then I will look into getting a .20 for it. I also have been told I would need to upgrade my spar with spruce or bass wood for strength.

Sean
Old 05-30-2005, 11:13 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Judging from all that has ever been written about this combo, I would make the spar full depth out of hard balsa and laminate unidirectional, span wise glass fibers to each side of the spar with medium CA. The trick to getting the fibers to behave as you lay them down is to lightly spray the wood with 3M77, then go to town You will be amazed at how little CA it takes to get full saturation. I got a nice exhaust system from MACS. Mysystem is tuned for the APC 8x8 or 7.2x8.6 and it is 13.75" long from the tip of the stinger to the rear bolt of the header flange. I get about 18 or 19,000 out of it. Look into the K&B .18, it is the size of a .15, but the power numbers are excellent and the price is low. RCU buyers guide is a good place to start looking, or go to K&B.