Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Aviat F-20 Tiger shark ARF

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Aviat F-20 Tiger shark ARF

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 08:28 PM
strong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aviat F-20 Tiger shark ARF

I will try the local hobby shops to try and find the 9x9 prop(APC)if not I will order one.APC's are good props just wish they came in black to match the rest of the plane.................gotta love it.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:56 PM
nuspeed88

yess your right I pair up my Magnum xls52 with apc 10x7 prop. and flew very fast. Its hard to tell How many Mph Im getting but sure this is a blast airplane.

I'm just wondering what kind of tuned pipe do you guys recomend for this motor magnum xls 52?
Old 08-16-2005, 07:25 PM
strong

Don't know for sure but don't jett make a pipe........the jett stream or something right.....Might want to check their website.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:31 PM
strong

Got lot's of flights in on the tigershark this weekend.......really having a ball......but I notice while screaming down the runway on a high speed pass it seems like the front wheel was fluttering....or making the nose of the plane wobble back and forth....where can I get the thin wheels I'v read about in this forum.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a flutter in mine as well, that I suspect could be the nosewheel. [X(]

FBD.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:37 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

somewhere (at home probably) I have photos of a Kangke F-20 modified for a retract installation. I will have to find the photos.

Wing install was easy. I seem to recall he duplicated his DC F-20 nose gear installation, using an old set of Rohm-Air gear .... and used a bubble-jett 8oz tank moved aft over the wing a bit.

What we really need is a small, light weight 90deg rotation nosegear. Doesnt even have to stear (I use to lock many of my pattern ship nose gear - rudder stearing was just fine most of the time)
Old 08-31-2005, 06:37 PM
Endor

ORIGINAL: bob27s

somewhere (at home probably) I have photos of a Kangke F-20 modified for a retract installation. I will have to find the photos.

Wing install was easy. I seem to recall he duplicated his DC F-20 nose gear installation, using an old set of Rohm-Air gear .... and used a bubble-jett 8oz tank moved aft over the wing a bit.

What we really need is a small, light weight 90deg rotation nosegear. Doesnt even have to stear (I use to lock many of my pattern ship nose gear - rudder stearing was just fine most of the time)
I'd love to see them. I recently started another thread on just this subject (adding retracts to the Sportsman Aviation F20). The nose gear certainly seems to be the kicker.

There is a lot of room in the wing area, certainly more than is needed for radio gear. A round tank could be moved into that space fairly easily, and it would put the tank closer to the CG.

And yes, 90deg rotating nosegear would be great. My guess would be that steering would still be needed on the F20 (smallish rudder), but hey it may just be enough!