Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Gremlins Gremlins I see Gremlins

Old 07-31-2005, 11:13 PM
nchrome

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Gremlins Gremlins I see Gremlins

Anybody out there ever have a gremlin? I aquired one here a couple days ago and put it together and man-O-man what fun. Of course I did a couple things different like one thing I did was put a Rossi 40 [X(]on it and second I put a set of landing gear on it. Had a heck of a time figuring out the CG for it cause the write up on it never pointed out the CG but did talk about it quite a bit. But I went with about 1 1/2 inches behind the LE and she seems to fly quite well. Haven't quite go the landing figured out. But getting there that is with landing gear. Sure is quick and will turn on a dime with fifteen cents change?[sm=bananahead.gif] Plan on trying her out at the pylon races here soon and also use it in some combat flying down it Taylor Mo. (Labor Day Week end) this year. The madien was quite tricky but after slowing down the elevators she settaled down with only a couple of clicks of up in her. No need of any aileron trim.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:44 PM
pnmrr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Gremlins Gremlins I see Gremlins

I put my first Gremlin into the ground during a high speed dive maneuver that put the airplane ahead of my reaction time. A OS 40 FX and a Mac's tuned pipe gave it some impressive abilities. That plane was such a blast to fly that I ordered another kit to get back in the air again.

Best bang for the buck out there and makes a pretty decent speed plane as well. Sure there are others that are quicker, but the fun per dollar cannot be beat with a Gremlin.

Here is a link to the site to get info on them.

[link=http://www.racores.com/]Gremlin link[/link]