Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Patriot ARF fuel tank cover

Old 08-02-2005, 07:19 AM
Madman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Patriot ARF fuel tank cover

Looking for some help from those with Patriot ARF experience.

I came accross a Patriot ARF while looking for a cheap airframe to get used to glow again (its been over 10 years all electric). I'm at the stage where I will be attaching the plastic body section which covers the fuel tank area but I think I may need to access the tank in the future for maintanance (at some time). Any ideas on how to keep it removable yet sturdy enough and sealed? I will be using a YS 45 FS initially with muffler then pipe later.

ps I really wanted the Patriot but the only one I knew about was very pricey (also the shop stut down) so I was going to get a stick (cheap only). I saw one on the LHS shelf and assumed it would be costly as well. Decided to call before I bought a stick and turned out it was on consignment for $130 CDN (just over $100 US)! Woo Hoo! I think the previous owner did some work as the cowl is in one piece and the landing gear wells are installed where as the instructions have you doing these areas. Other beat my head against the wall issue is setting up the mechanical retracts. Can't go air due to the wells being in already. PITA

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Stephen
Old 08-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Patriot ARF fuel tank cover

Madman- You are lucky these are rare birds... Mine just has Allen-head screws holding that top hatch on and I have already removed it for fuel maintenance, er, I mean crash maintenance.

The YS on the stock muffler is only about as powerful as an OS-46FX so don't expect blistering performance--- When you go to a Macs 7.5CC pipe this will quickly change