Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

1st Annual Speed Freak "MINE IS FASTER THEN YOURS" Run What You Brung, BBQ, get together?

Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

1st Annual Speed Freak "MINE IS FASTER THEN YOURS" Run What You Brung, BBQ, get together?

Old 08-30-2005, 10:50 PM
SPEED JUNKIE
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 1st Annual Speed Freak "MINE IS FASTER THEN YOURS" Run What You Brung, BBQ, get together?

Is anyone interested in organizing a Revver's Brotherhood Get together so that we all can meet, greet, fly, lie, and eat!

I am asking my Brotherhood if this is something we would like to do?

Feel free to "unload" your thought's here![sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbdown.gif]

PS: You must be a registered member to attend![8D] ( no fakies will be allowed!)

REV BRO #118
(REV ON MY BROTHERS!)
Old 08-30-2005, 11:16 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 1st Annual Speed Freak "MINE IS FASTER THEN YOURS" Run What You Brung, BBQ, get together?

I assume this will be the "Left Coast" version....??

....I'm in.

FBD.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:41 AM
tkigar
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 1st Annual Speed Freak "MINE IS FASTER THEN YOURS" Run What You Brung, BBQ, get together?

Well we were going to have the El Mirage FunFly & Campout #3 at the end of sept. first of Oct ? This has been a yearly thing for a few of the Revver Brothers, that myself and wife have put on. With the help and company of Razor and his wonderful wife. In fact we had guys from all over showing up to this historic event. The San Fran Bay area, Fresno, Lone Pine, San Diego, Los Angeles area and many more places. Even had a full scale cessna land on the dry lake bed.....taxi up and tie off to the travel trailers.....pull a HotSpot jet from the back seat.........need I say anymore. We cooked 4 flats of eggs and 5 lbs of bacon and sausage each.....not to mention the homemade biscuits and gravy. The dinner ticket was Ribs and corn on the cob, homemade potato salad. For the grown ups we had plenty of beverages...... and jello shooters, margaritas, and Cuervo 1800 shooters by the camp fire, in the evenings. This is an event open to young and old for the whole family. Camping....Flying.......meet and greet, is whats it all about. I am open to some feedback, and glad that this thread finally got started once again as I have had many e mails as to when this non sanctioned event will take place This is one party you dont want to miss. Thanks T.J. The other Tim
Old 08-31-2005, 02:02 AM
crasharama

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

C'mon Dave,
What about an East Coast version................in Oz ??

Old 08-31-2005, 06:41 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If I had my choice I think I would head to Oz[8D]. It sounds like a hoot. The 1/2a RCU guys do this over here in Right Coast land a few times a year. If I am still working for the same guy this fall it looks like I will be heading back to SJ again. This time I am going to try to arrange an extra day or two so I can ride down and at least do some bench flying with some of you guys.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:43 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I don't think my old motorhome would make it to OZ....

....it leaks too much !!

Dave.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:32 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Anyone notice this invitation is addressed to those of us with prop jets and coming from a guy with a turbine? It's rigged I tell you! Rigged!
Old 08-31-2005, 09:49 AM
crasharama

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Dave,
if you could float the old bus over there is plenty of camping available at the field !! BBQ & beers on site.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Lets, get it, get it, get it on!

Speed Junkie how does Tim's offer sound for late Sept. early Oct.? Tim is the founding father with the help of Dave, Gary and other folks that fly there regularly...

Tim is a heckuva host and his wife cooks restaurant quality meals from there trailer-

I am down-

BTW- My Patriot was faster than the Hotspot Ram-500
Old 08-31-2005, 12:23 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've been giving some thought to trying to organize a speed plane fly-in (or I had more specifically in mind a prop-jet fly-in) maybe next year.

Not sure if I can host at my current field - that is the biggest limitation. Nice field, grass - lots of room. But I'm looking around.

This recent 'enforcement' of the no-models at the airports thing sorta doesnt help

Anyone interested in perhaps heading to Ohio if I can get something like this set up ?

Bob
Old 08-31-2005, 12:51 PM
vicman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

We got a 90 acre sod farm
Old 08-31-2005, 12:57 PM
mr_matt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tkigar
Even had a full scale cessna land on the dry lake bed.....taxi up and tie off to the travel trailers.....pull a HotSpot jet from the back seat.........need I say anymore.
So jets are OK?
Old 08-31-2005, 01:01 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Heck Bob, I'll brave the border and drive to Ohio if you put on a shindig there, count me in! Where are you thinking? Toledo e.g. is about 5-1/2 hours from where I'm at (just north of Toronto).

Oh yes, I have to join the brotherhood don't I? I keep forgetting to take pics of my airplanes for the official application! Note to self..

Mike D.

p.s. how about pulsejets?
Old 08-31-2005, 02:43 PM
vicman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

p.s. how about pulsejets?
I think I would drive up just for that one. Post a pic!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 03:39 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Cyclic Hardover

Anyone notice this invitation is addressed to those of us with prop jets and coming from a guy with a turbine? It's rigged I tell you! Rigged!

Quite your belly aching...he is limited to 200mph AMA rules.. As is my CAI Razor..

mental note order Jett 60LX for whiplash

Rev Bro # 105
Old 08-31-2005, 04:01 PM
bob27s

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Probably would be closer to Cleveland here - if so the trip is quicker across Niagra area.

Lets see what we can put together. No promises - yet....
Old 08-31-2005, 04:14 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sounds good. If it happens, it happens. If not, then it... doesn't.

I won't have anything fancy, so far my fleet is a stock Magnum R/.50v1 and a Whiplash on the Jett .50. They'll have to do.

Mike D.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:02 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Cool- wrong coast folks getting involved...

Not sure how Bob27 will fare without me there to help him tune his engines but I am sure y'all will have fun anyway---

Mr Matt- You have probably flown at the basin or rabbit right? I think El Mirage is close or at least similar to that (?) No real frequency control my main concern- Those of us who fly close by do the Channel thing, the lake-bed is huge though...

Whaddya got to fly?
Old 08-31-2005, 10:29 PM
SPEED JUNKIE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

REV BRO #2 I don't own a turbine![sm=thumbup.gif]
Don't even want one!

Where is the challenge with a turbine?
Push one button and everything starts etc... etc...[sm=eek.gif]

For me it will always be "ALCHOHOL,NITRO,PISTONS AND PLUGS FOR LIFE!"[sm=thumbup.gif]

REV BRO #118[sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 09-01-2005, 08:40 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You know, after giving this careful thought, turbines are pigs on takeoff. I bet "Razor/we" could take you on a one lap race from take off.[X(] "yeehaa, jesters dead!"
Old 09-01-2005, 01:52 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Bob....if you get somehting put together I'd make the trip up from Pittsburgh. My Dust is in Steelers colors.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:26 PM
bob27s

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: petec

Bob....if you get somehting put together I'd make the trip up from Pittsburgh. My Dust is in Steelers colors.
Thats ok by me, we just have to avoid down town
Old 09-01-2005, 03:05 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Or as the Pittsburghers say "Dahn Tahn n'at"......Keep the list posted. I have two more pattern meets this year and both are in September. Once those are done I can look at my speed planes again.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:43 PM
SPEED JUNKIE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Maybe it would be best to split the "MINE'S FASTER THEN YOUR'S" up into two different "meet and greet's" on the same weekend and then we could lie to each other on the internet about how "GREAT" our's was and how "FAST" our planes went. (wish you were here!)

(people don't lie on the internet do they?)[sm=eek.gif]

Money will Probably keep the Brotherhood from ever being able to assemble as one at $5.00 a gallon![sm=thumbdown.gif]

Prepare for the worst and hope fore the best![sm=thumbup.gif] and grin and bear it!

Rev on My Brothers!

REV BRO #118[sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 09-03-2005, 01:26 AM
mr_matt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Razor-RCU

Mr Matt- You have probably flown at the basin or rabbit right? I think El Mirage is close or at least similar to that (?) No real frequency control my main concern- Those of us who fly close by do the Channel thing, the lake-bed is huge though...

Whaddya got to fly?

I have never flown at El Mirage, I know some people that love it some hate it. I have flown at Rabbit. I should have a diversity radio going by then that offers some protection

I have a new plane almost done, BVM super bandit with a big blower in it, should be good for 200 mph!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52662.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	319057  

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service