Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Help F14 tamecat to fastcat

Old 09-01-2005, 01:50 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help F14 tamecat to fastcat

I have one of those classics F14 Tamecat , however I have reworked it , has a os 90 upfront , oleo struts , hand carved cowl , nice detail ect ect .
My question is , does anyone know of a Foam wing kit that is more like an F14 with a width no greater then 12" span 45" and above , probably similar to the Great Plane F14 . I want to see if I can take this plane to a faster level , I know I will be dealing with incident adjustmnet based on a symetrical wing mounted on a flat fuse base , but I can fix that , so two questions
1)is there a good foam wing that would work
2)do you think this can work ?
Old 09-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Rubbie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Help F14 tamecat to fastcat

I would say the easiest thing to do rather than try and fool around is get a new kit. Changing a trainer type aircraft to a speed type is difficult. You would probably do better to find a F-14 kit and build that, they are fantastic. Or you can try and cut your own foam wings and see what happens.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:42 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Im not familiar with the plane. Photo or link to product page please ?
Old 09-01-2005, 10:09 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the rely guys , Bobs is an old timer designed by Jeff Troy for Altech marketing .Jeff was way ahead of his time -he designed a trainer that looked like an F14 . Fuse is foam , with ply and balsa skinns , wing is flat bottom air foil , foam core, the only thing that make this fly like a trainer is the wing .Because its am 80ties design , its heavey and needs to land fast .It was designed for a 45 to 60 and I am flying it with a 90 .Of course I made mods to the fuse for support .
I will try to post some pics , with my side mounted engine and pitts muffler and hand craved cowl its looks cool if i must say so myself .
Now if I cant tweek this then its off to the cermark f16 or the new VMar F18 , but Vmar scares me !!!!
Old 09-02-2005, 10:30 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ok... no i recall the plane. I remember Jeff's original one years ago.

It has fixed gear. A bit heavy. Needs a new wing (per your request). Im not sure its going to be a whole bunch quicker than it is in stock configuration.

If you can post a few photos of the existing wing and where it installs on the fuselage, I may have a few ideas.