Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Electric Patriot

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 10:05 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Electric Patriot

Just brainstorming here...
I have a Pat kit that is waiting for me...

Sure would be cool to have a Patriot with a completely slick nose, huh?!

Imagine...no cylinder, no muffler or tuned pipe hanging out in the breeze...

Hmmm.....

I'm thinking maybe a big AXi outrunner...
Old 09-29-2005, 11:07 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric Patriot

Sounds expensive.... And heavy!

It'd be cool to see though--
Old 09-30-2005, 12:00 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Expensive...yeah
Heavy...probably a little more than a glow powered one.

The motor and batteries would have to be chosen very carefully to make it worthwhile, for sure!

Right now, it's a little ways in the future...and that'll give me time to research the power package possabilities.
(while I'm trying to $ave for it......I have other irons in the fire to take care of first )
Old 09-30-2005, 07:06 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

For some reason, all my formys with AXI's end up tail heavy. Got to believe the electric is do-able without a weight penality using Li-po's. Did see a vidio af a electric speed last month somewhere and "my god" it was quick. There is a NIB AXI 4130/20 just sitting in my extras drawer in the event you want one at a discounted price. If you build it, you must provide us with a vid, or will sick streight razor on you.

Let us know how it go's!

Rev Bro #119

By the way, I am still looking for something for my Jett 90L that is near Q-500 fast and will turn. Any ideas out there?
Old 09-30-2005, 09:46 PM
js3
My Feedback: (3)

How about building a Quickie 650? Just scale up a quickie about 25 to 30 percent. That ought to turn and go!
Old 10-01-2005, 08:17 AM
Bob.R
My Feedback: (2)

How about building a Quickie 650? Just scale up a quickie about 25 to 30 percent. That ought to turn and go!
Good idea.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:56 AM
js3

Nothing turns better than a quickie!
Old 10-01-2005, 11:15 PM
rmenke

Great idea guys. Problem is our club rules outlaw Q-500 planes and similar raceplanes. Have a quickee wing cut down to 40 inches in a home brew fuse powered by a Jett 35 that kicks butt. The sniveling by the guys about it are unreal as is. Only problem is the eves are getting old (very old) and is getting hard to see, thus the 90L. Would prefer a kit that I could point at and say "stock" sort of. One of the guys has a old sig king kobra that looks interesting. Know of anyone that has a 60 in one that flys and turns ok? The 90 is in a 60 frame with 60 weight, just a "little" stronger. Would need retracts that would add some weight. What ya think?
Old 10-02-2005, 12:16 PM
js3

Sounds like you need some new club officers and some new rules. Man, I'm sorry you have to deal with such ignorant folks.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:51 PM
rmenke

Thanks for the thoughts, John. In all fairness, we have rules that everyone must abide by to simply keep out speeds down. Our field is small, 600" between two pylons, the only supervision is the CD and cut checkers. We can keep the need for people down in this manner, and overall, works quite well. We have pollitics like all clubs, but overall a good groupe. I must admit that I am one of the worlds worst loosers and don't make a habit out of it. I push the envelope of the rules to the edge in giving myself the needed edge over several outstanding pilots with fast aircraft. The best is a guy about 35 and flys like on a rail with the nack of makeing his hoped up supertiger in a cut down GP supersport that generally beats most sport powered Quickees. I will lay down only when dead and you pry the transmitter out of my cold dead hands. In the intrum, I need something that will scoot with a Jett 60/90L and will turn. The idea of scaling up a Q-500 is quite good, have just not done it as it would be a last resort. Think I had better start designing a 125% Q-500 based fire breather, using a quickee wing and building up a sport looking fuse with the same quickee moments. Getting a foam wing cut is the only problem, and I am sure there are pleanty of good people available. Yea, will provide you guys with a progress and picks of the buildout just for the heck of it.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:02 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Lots of good planes that will go like heck with the 90L in it. You just have to keep the weight down, and they will turn nicely.

Take a look at Derek's Tsunami .60 junorc.com Semi-pattern type plane - very quick - thinner wings than most - get it trimmed, and balanced correctly and it will blow away most of the folks.