Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

need help on DD construction!!!

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

need help on DD construction!!!

Old 10-10-2005, 08:23 PM
fly-guy-ty
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help on DD construction!!!

maybe I am an idiot but it seem I can't figure out how to install the firewall on the DD??? I know this is supposed to be a very easy build but this is my first build and first DD. I got everything else down pretty good but this is stumping me. The motor mount has a little tab on the back and can't figure out what this locks into. It also seems that the firewall is too tall and too wide? This is the only other 1/8" plywood in the kit. Anybody have any pictures of an uncovered dust for me to view.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Mike Connor
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: need help on DD construction!!!

This is the only picture not covered. Hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65914.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	337380  
Old 10-10-2005, 11:33 PM
fly-guy-ty

thanks mike I sent you a PM. I am in exactly the same stage as you are there minus my firewall! I just know I am overlooking something stupid!
Old 10-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Inconel_601
My Feedback: (8)

Here you go. The pics show a modified engine mount to accomodate a rear intake engine. Mounting is the same though. Large tabs into the ribs and angled tabs go into the LE tubes. Don't recall about the firewall. Suspect that its tall enough to account for the 1/16 sheeting that goes over the ribs and around the fuel tank/servo area. Hope these pics help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48288.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	337629   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46882.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	337630  
Old 10-12-2005, 09:21 AM
fly-guy-ty

thanks guys, I found my firewall. I had all of the parts laid out over to the side of the plans and that peice slipped under the plans in a spot between peices of tape! boy these things have changed a bit since that last set of pictures that showed the modified mount. My model has a lot more holes laser cut into ribs#1. There is a slot for the rear fuel compartment bulkhead on mine, slots right behind rear spars for rear bulkhead, square holes in fuel compartment for throttle servo rails. Date on that picture says 2003. Nice to know there have been revisions. Oh, the motor mount on mine had a little square tab on the back of it and I had no idea what for. turns out there is a small bulkhead parallel to the fuel tank that the throttle servo rail sit on, this tab is to position this bulkhead and there is another slot in the rear fuel tank bulkhead for the other end of this top fit into. Pretty much have it finished now, just waiting for my servos to arrive to install and cover this thing. Thanks for the help.